You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bamboo Flooring

todd,

it is listed as a 2014 and is the newest coach on their website for sale. they did rectangle of bamboo with marble in the center. looks really cool.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Well we got the coach out of storage and this evening my 15 year old son and I took out all of the bedroom carpet, the first layer of linoleum, removed everything in the stairwell entry ang got all the blinds and valances down. We also removed the small folding dinette table. My garage is full of new bamboo flooring, Roppe stairvproduct and new leather furniture furniture waiting to be installed.

Tomorrow night I will rip out the original linoleum that looks to be just like the same kind as I saw everyone else had on a post the other evening. Then I will prep the floors with coaching from Ernie before his real coaching begins as I install the floor. One surprise we had was that the entry stairs lift up to reveal yet another storage compartment. Sadly there was no treasure in it to help with all the expenses we had in the last year, but there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Two other things we have decided to do is put tile in the bathroom and paint all of the walls since the are a hideous Formica. I will take pics tomorrow and update progress.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

when we got our 90 everyone said they had a built in safe. i said i didnt have one. then when i was changing the flooring i had the steps flipped up and was looking in the storage area under the stairs. i noticed a rectangular box attached to the steps. i wondered what in the world it was. then i felt the carpet on the steps and a square about 5" square came up off the steps. it was totally hidden. underneath was a keyed safe. of course i had no key. i called a locksmith and walla, in about 2 minutes he was in it. 75 dollars later he was gone and i had 3 keys. unfortunately it was empty as well....

tom

Yes we have the empty safe spot in the floor where the passenger would put their feet. I have not measured it but would assume I can find a safe of some kind that would fit it.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Newell used the linoleum for a moisture barrier, what are you going use instead? Keep us posted with some progress photos.

Jimmy

Yes the safe in my '93 hasn't been opened ....I haven't found a locksmith to do it yet....I kept CASH in our '78 for emergencies. I made sure to remove it before we sold!!!

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

we had an old motorhome 27 years ago. when we moved from utah to arizona in 1986 i had a collection of silver dollars from the 1880's to 1920's. a small bag full of them. we hid them in that motorhome while we traveled. we never did find them. we remember we put them somewhere that we would "remember" where we put them. we looked for years. when we sold it we looked again for hours.

someone got a nice surprise at some point or......it is sitting in some junkyard with treasure in it.

so....the moral of the story is that there is always a chance for treasure....(sorry bill, nothing hidden in the 90)

tom

(05-07-2013, 02:19 AM)Ozarkguy Wrote:  Newell used the linoleum for a moisture barrier, what are you going use instead? Keep us posted with some progress photos.

Wow I did not know that or think of it. I will ask Ernie.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
71 Karmann Ghia

Got the VIN # on that old Coach Tom?? I'm a pretty good Tracker... for a small finders Fee!
Jimmy

(05-07-2013, 05:23 AM)encantotom Wrote:  we had an old motorhome 27 years ago. when we moved from utah to arizona in 1986 i had a collection of silver dollars from the 1880's to 1920's. a small bag full of them. we hid them in that motorhome while we traveled. we never did find them. we remember we put them somewhere that we would "remember" where we put them. we looked for years. when we sold it we looked again for hours.

someone got a nice surprise at some point or......it is sitting in some junkyard with treasure in it.

so....the moral of the story is that there is always a chance for treasure....(sorry bill, nothing hidden in the 90)

tom

Jimmy

(05-07-2013, 05:23 AM)encantotom Wrote:  we had an old motorhome 27 years ago. when we moved from utah to arizona in 1986 i had a collection of silver dollars from the 1880's to 1920's. a small bag full of them. we hid them in that motorhome while we traveled. we never did find them. we remember we put them somewhere that we would "remember" where we put them. we looked for years. when we sold it we looked again for hours.

tom
Tom, how can you be so sure....you forgot where you put the last treasure... Maybe you found D.B.'s stash and forgot about it!
I'll search high and low..hopefully won't find any old hidden Easter candy!
Bill

2003 Ford F250 SD
2001 Honda Civic
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Roadster LT