You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Bamboo Flooring

I don't know. You guys make retirement sound like a lot of hard work. I think maybe you guys are just partially retired. Now Skeen I do believe is retired. Or perhaps he is tryin to get his own reality TV show "RVing America with Skeen...if ya can keep up and don't mind high elevations". Got to be a better title than that.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

I'ev been reading all your posts about the floor repair, I also own a 84 newell , and I read that you relpacec or repaired your windows. I have the same problem, can not open or close them, can you tell me what you used to get them working.thanks in advance leobess

Leo I got lucky and was able to purchase enough of the window felt to redo all of windows. They ran out last year, but I know others have found suitable substitutes. The process is really straightforward once you have the replacement felt.

I used picks (they are small and look like little screw drivers) and needle nose pliers to cut and pull out the old track. It comes out in chunks because they are so old and caked in mud. Leave the windows in and do not remove them as I was told they break easily when out and are very difficult to replace. Once I had all of the old felt track out I scrubbed and scraped the channels until they were spotless. Then I lightly applied some silicone inside the channel and used any tool I thought would work to move the felt track into place. Now when you remove it you will notice it was one continuous piece. I could not figure out how to shove it under where the two windows meet and overlap. So I simply wedged it as far as I could on the top and bottom. Then I slid the window either all the way open or closed depending on which side I started on and simply did the other side so it abutted to the piece I had put into the channel on the other side. The windows all work perfectly now. The first window took me at least an hour. By the time I did the last couple they were taking me like ten minutes.

PM me anytime and I will get you my number and we can discuss this more as my directions may not be the best. If a can find a scrap of the new felt I will post a pic so you have something to go by. Someone out there has got yo have a close substitute for it. I think that Whatsnewell ( Clarke) used the latter substitute I mentioned. I gave him enough of the original stuff I had left over to only do I think 2 of his windows.

Clarke can you add any direction to this and your source for the felt?

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

What is bamboo kitchen ? Spam?

Ernie Ekberg
Prevost Liberty-sold
Foretravel
https://groups.io/g/ErnieEkbergFlooring
Ernie Ekbergs Flooring on Facebook
[email protected]

Ernie, I don't think the 1453 is real. The bot has brought to life and old thread from Todd, who we bought our Newell from. As an aside, the Bamboo floor is doing well 7 years later. We sure enjoy seeing your flooring work that you post here ,  and also the same quality from the next generation of your family too !

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

guy, you are right. a spammer got through. i deleted them and deleted the post so all should be ok now. thanks for catching what we didnt

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH