You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

AquaHot electric heating

Chester

Have you checked the eliminates? You may have a bad element. It should have a specified ohm reading. If it's open it's shot. You have to check it with power off and the wires removed. I would check to see if the element is open or a reading to ground.

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Doug,

You are correct that the element(s) could be open. I have been trying to verify there is power to the element first since that is an easier test to perform.

Ohms for the 120 vac element is 9 ohms. I would need to measure my 240 element to get that number. But we are not ready to do that till power is verified as good.

Power test is easy and fast with your meter and me on the phone. Sure wish Chester would call but have not heard from him yet.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Had phone contact with Rudy today and most likely the heating elements are bad or not working properly. Since the diesel heater works perfectly, I am in no hurry to make the repairs and will wait until I can get together with Rudy in either Houston or our next rally.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica