You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

full timing

Hi all. Started full timing three months ago. Sold home and have been living in the newell since than. Left alberta canada on monday and just pulled in to vegas. The trip went well with no problems to speak of. We have #372 pulling a 2011 jeep. Canot believe we avg 7.25 mpg over the last 1400 miles. Wintering in parker az. Had some issues with the aqua in canada so will be getting that looked after when we get to parker. Tks for all that use this site, as there is alot of info here and alot of fellow newellers that can help out when needed. Mike and nancy hoffart alberta canada.

Glad to have you join us!!

With that mileage you must have the Series 60 (although Newell listed the coach back in 2002 as having an 8V92). The best mileage I got on my 8V92 over 1000-1500 miles was about 6.6 mpg and it has averaged 6.082 mpg.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

mike,

we are 130 miles from parker. please come visit us. my wife is from alberta as well.

tom and darlene

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Where do you plan on being in Parker? We may be that way actually Earp but across the river at Emerald Cove this winter.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Pulled in to parker area on Monday afternoon. Settled in on a beautifull lot right on the river in riverland resort on the California side. Mentioned earlier that we were getting 7.25 mpg? Yes we did end up avg that but in cdn gal. Converting that to US gal we still avg 6 mpg pulling the jeep with a 8v92. Still very good, I am impressed. We are in lot 28 riverland resort till approx. next april. My job this morning is to pull the aqua hot and get in touch with roger berge as the blower motor/ bearings have stopped. In for a service. Seen one newell on the way down crossing the hoover dam @ vegas.

Ah, thanks for the update. The Canadian gallons explains it. 6 mpg is pretty good for an 8V92.

You have one of the last Newells built with an 8V92. I believe that 376 was the last one as I know 377 and 378 had the DD Series 60 in them.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

We are going to be next door to you guys in a few weeks at the CRA Park Emerald Cove. We'll look for you when we get in providing life goes our way.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch