You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Location map?

(09-22-2012, 07:53 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  I really do dig this feature. I cannot wait until we re all on this map, you too Clarke, please remember to update.

I do every time we move.....we're in Oklahoma now!!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

That works great! I will be updating this as we move around starting next week as we head west for the winter.

Nweck

Neal Weckworth
2007 Newell

Maybe I am missing something: Would be nice if there was a specific note/symbol indicating whether someone was offering their place as a stop over.

1988 40 ft 8v92 newell
Coach name Big Blue
25 ft Haulmark car hauler with Andersen Anti sway
2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser.

That would be helpful maybe another color?

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(09-24-2012, 07:09 AM)Nweck Wrote:  That works great! I will be updating this as we move around starting next week as we head west for the winter.

Nweck

Sorry I didn't see this until now, but this weekend I'll add another pin/color for that.

having some temporary issues with the location map. scott hopes to have it back working this weekend.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Alright, I moved us to a different mapping plugin due to an old insecure version we were using, which brings about two things. 1. We lost all pin locations. 2. We have much more functionality and we can now post and reply to other peoples locations using the forum. I have my example pin up on the page now, if you click it you can reply.

You can have as few or as little pins as you want and can edit your location at any time.

Hopefully this isn't too confusing, but it gives us more power and flexibility.

It can be accessed via the same "User Location" button on the top, or http://newellgurus.com/Forum-Usermap . You then click "New Thread" to make a new pin. You type in stuff on the left box for your location, then click "Get GeoLocation". When you're on the map, you can right click on pins to see the description, or left click to see the post/forum.

You can also view peoples profiles and see their locations on the map: http://newellgurus.com/User-Scott

If the hover/popup ends up getting annoying, I can get rid of that, just let me know.

Doesn't seem to be working yet. Here is the message that I just received;
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'prairieschooner'

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

(10-27-2012, 02:03 PM)prairieschooner Wrote:  Doesn't seem to be working yet. Here is the message that I just received;
You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:

Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

You are currently logged in with the username: 'prairieschooner'

Fixed it, for some reason every account type was able to use it except regular users.

thanks