You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Silverleaf VMS

I just received my ASUS 12" x 8" tablet that fits into the dash area. The attachment shows my latest configuration and I have added Microsoft Streets & Trips with GPS attached. Next I plan to use the same GPS antenna and have the program CoPilot Truck on the tablet. CoPilot only operates in full screen, so I will have to touch a button at the bottom the bring it up. Tomorrow, I hope to connect it to the engine monitor near the ignition key to see what it looks like running.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

chester, very cool looking. you will like it a ton i am sure of it

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Looks good Chester. I just got the new cable for my s60 and plugged it in and made sure it works. Now to start configuring my gauges the way I want.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I sorta feel dumb to ask this question, but here goes. I cannot figure out how to take the cover off of the diagnostic connector next to the ignition switch. I am afraid to force it for fear of breaking it. Help!!

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

Should be able to pinch each side then pull it off

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Here is what it looks like with cap off.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Here is another picture showing the cap and the connector. As Forrest said, press in on the release buttons on each end of the connector and that should pivot the catches away from the connector body. Good luck!

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Russ,

Any idea what the two dummy pins in the cap are for?

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill,

No, not really. When I first saw them I assumed they were a shorting bar that would connect two matching sockets together when the cap was in place, but if I remember correctly, only one socket was populated of the two, so that didn't make sense. I just plugged in there and it worked so I never thought of it again. I didn't pay any attention to the top of the cap that told me not to take it off Wink Sorry

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Attached are two photos that show the latest configuration for my digital dash. Using a ASUS 12.1 touch screen tablet, the digital dash fits snug into the dash area, and should not require any mounting or velcro. The regular dash air pressure gauges are still visible.

You can see the engine is running at fast idle. Transmission, fuel, mpg, and trip information is shown on the left. Speed and RPM in big letters at the top, with tempature information, boost and time shown in the center. Engine performance information is in grey shown on the bottom and changes every few seconds. To the right is Microsoft Street & Trips which is connected to an external antenna and is in real time. On the task bar at the very bottom is a tab to bring up the full screen of CoPilot which is also attached to another external antenna.

As you can guess, I'm having fun with this thing.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey