You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

wjindshield replacement

Ron,
I would be calling Chuck at Newell, the service manager. I've always known them to stand behind their work. I'm sure he'd like to see the pictures.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Steve,

I know Creslie Clarke, Tommy Key, Mike Ellis, & Jim Gering but I don't know Chuck. I know Chuck in the parts department. Am I missing someone new?

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

Tuga,
I believe Chuck, not sure of his last name, is the service manager. Tommy Key is the assistant manager. Chuck sits in the office just west of Key's office. I've spoken to him numerous times and he is very receptive to customer comments.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Maybe just more cross-training, Chuck is the new Service Manager? or a new Chuck?

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Ron.....SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT!!!
I had a similar issue with new windshields in my 1978. In my case the glass was too large for opening. After trimming the aluminum around the opening we got it to fit. Your glass appears to not be set in flush with the body. The glass may not be the right size. That is not unheard of....or that is not the correct rubber seal.
Also When I had new windshields put in my 1993 at Elkhart , IN (by a shop that replaces a lot of glass) They required that it set in the shop for 24 hrs. after mounting so that the adhesive could set properly. They fit and look great.
If that is as bad as it appears in your pics I would only drive it as far as a nearby glass shop and have them reset. It is not safe.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

[Image: img%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttp:]
(09-19-2012, 07:24 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Ron.....SOMETHINGS NOT RIGHT!!!
I had a similar issue with new windshields in my 1978. In my case the glass was too large for opening. After trimming the aluminum around the opening we got it to fit. Your glass appears to not be set in flush with the body. The glass may not be the right size. That is not unheard of....or that is not the correct rubber seal.
Also When I had new windshields put in my 1993 at Elkhart , IN (by a shop that replaces a lot of glass) They required that it set in the shop for 24 hrs. after mounting so that the adhesive could set properly. They fit and look great.
If that is as bad as it appears in your pics I would only drive it as far as a nearby glass shop and have them reset. It is not safe.

I have reset the windshields with the help of Performance Glass and did by their instruction and did glue the gasket to the fiberglass. I have let the coach set in my garage and want be using until I go to West Virgina and some of the toughest road in the US. If they don't move then the problem will be fixed. The glass and gaskets were fine I think my problem was no glue was used and totally depended on the lock strip to hold the glass in place.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Sorry for the confusion. Ron you should speak to John Clarke, VP service dept. Thanks Tuga for helping me get through a senior moment. Too many Clarkes!

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Oh yes... that looks better. I'm not sure ...I think they used urethane to bond the gasket to the body on my coach.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Ron, It appears that you did an Excellent job of Re-setting your windshields. I only hope all those marks around your gaskets are just smudges. I did notice those marks in the pictures of the Newell installation. If those are scratches, someone would be Painting......How could they roll that job looking like that?

You are way to EASY!!
not cheap just easy...

Great job on the windshields. Ron can fix anything. If you haven't seen his coach it is fully equipped with big tool boxes in the bays.
I first saw and started using Rain-X in 1977 at Road Atlanta for the SCCA Runoffs and the IMSA races. Neither Paul Newman nor Peter
Gregg had wiper blades, they just buffed with Rain-X.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458