You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Looking to stay in AZ & Cali this winter

Hello,
We are heading down to AZ and Cali for winter and wanted to find out if anyone here winter near Santa Barbara CA or Tucson AZ ?
We like road bicycling and hiking and like the road in that area but never stay longer time!

Best,
Les
Newell 2001 # 582

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

(09-20-2012, 09:01 AM)les korcala Wrote:  Hello,
We are heading down to AZ and Cali for winter and wanted to find out if anyone here winter near Santa Barbara CA or Tucson AZ ?
We like road bicycling and hiking and like the road in that area but never stay longer time!

Best,
Les
Newell 2001 # 582

Les, if you like to dry camp Rincon Parkway just north of Ventura is great during the winter. They do have a time limit of 2 weeks in the winter I believe.....you park right next to the ocean, and watch the sun go down every night (if it's not foggy). There are also small county run RV parks on either end of the Parkway (Faria and Hobson), but your Newell may be too big for those spots. The Santa Barbara area (north of Ventura) has some options. Click on this link to the Santa Barbara page of RVParkReviews.com for some leads: Santa Barbara

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Clark,

I've stayed at http://voyagerrv.com/ a couple of times and enjoyed.. take a look...

(09-20-2012, 01:01 PM)whatsnewell Wrote:  
(09-20-2012, 09:01 AM)les korcala Wrote:  Hello,

Best,
Les
Newell 2001 # 582

Les, if you like to dry camp Rincon Parkway just north of Ventura is great during the winter. They do have a time limit of 2 weeks in the winter I believe.....you park right next to the ocean, and watch the sun go down every night (if it's not foggy). There are also small county run RV parks on either end of the Parkway (Faria and Hobson), but your Newell may be too big for those spots. The Santa Barbara area (north of Ventura) has some options. Click on this link to the Santa Barbara page of RVParkReviews.com for some leads: Santa Barbara

Jimmy

wow that voyager rv park is pricey.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I did a flooring job there in Rancho Oso. Absolutely the worst drive of my life. You go up, up, and up, no where to pull off, then as quick as you go up , you go down. Smoked the brakes, I had to nudge bus and toad into side of mountain while brakes cooled. Never will I ever go there.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Fairly sure that you would not fit at Rincon Parkway. We just got back from there and we barely had room for our 38' and the CR-V at a 90 degree behind the coach. I didn't measure the length of the site but there wouldn't be much room for entry and exit even without a toad.
Ema Woods does have 45' and it is not far away in Ventura.
I can't recommend in AZ because we go to parks that we have a membership in. Great stays at them!! Emerald Cove, Earp, CA and Yuma Lakes, Yuma, AZ.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Sounds like we have few options in both Cali & AZ , thanks for all your tips
Its our first winter and just checking out new places, lots of them they want you to be 55 or older, haha, we are just few yesr from it!

We found great place outsite of St Barbara near the Lake Castijas ( I think is how is spell it ? ) 2 months there , great fishing and cycling and hiking, than Tucson AZ will be our another 2 months start in january , we will stay outsite of and near Mt Lemmon

Next year we are planing to visit WY,UT,CO, KS and some other states, so far over 3 months on teh road and we are love it every bit of it!

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb