You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

CLASSIC WINDOW REPLACEMENT

Sounds very reasonable.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I'm taking on the same project this winter. My window felt is shot and I have three cracked windows. Good job!

1974 35' Newell Coach, Cat 1160 with Allison Auto 6 Speed... 69 Camaro 396 SS, 2010 Camaro SSRS Hennessey, 72 Buick Electra, Eastern Iowa.

I need to replace sliders , gaskets , etc on the windows of our '86 Classic . I can find parts online , but not sure of fit .
Wondering if anyone out there can point me toward a source and the correct terminology . Just replaced screen on one of the bedroom windows , learned a little about how the windows are assembled .
Thanks,
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

I wish I could tell you exactly what to do, but all I can do is tell you what didn't work. I removed the passenger window and took it to a glass shop locally for flexible glass channel (felt) and they sold me some they thought might work, it didn't. I then ordered C.R. LAURENCE 21116181951C CRL 7/16" x 3/8" Universal Channel in a 100 Foot Roll which according to specs should have worked. It almost did. I have the passenger window re-installed, but you need a tool designed to lift glass tp get it to slide.

Lost the engine, so put this project on hold temporarily. My plan is to contact peninsula glass and go with what @Retro used.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

Let us know how you do with Peninsula Glass. I tried to work with them and they referred me to a glass shop in North Carolina. Told me they don't sell direct anymore. I have read in other forums where folks are able to buy direct, so I might have caught someone on a bad day at Peninsula.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59

The last post mentioned some problems with Peninsula Glass and I have to say my experience with them was extremely positive.  As you can see in the photos below, as a Classic owner, I too opted to replace all my windows.  The new ones I ordered from Peninsula Glass were built precisely to the specifications I provided.  After I cut all the window holes larger, and updated them to rectangular dimensions, each new window slipped in perfectly.  Below are a few photos, showing the transition with the main co-pilot side salon window.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Pat & Wrenda
1983 Newell Classic, #8
38', 903 Cummins

Does Peninsula still make the classic style windows?

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

@"OldSchool"

Did you stick with single pane, or go to double pane? The pictures are awesome, thank you!

I hate to ask, but what did it cost? This is definitely on my option list.

Jon & Chris Everton
1986 40' Dog House #86
450 hp ISM 5 spd ZF Ecomat 2
2004 Range Rover L322 Toad

when i had my 90 i replaced all the windows with new double pane penninsula ones. it was quite expensive.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Peninsula still manufactures the "classic" Newell windows on request , or as we call them , go fast widows, because they tilt forward. They will not sell direct any longer. I suspect there is a story there. I got a quote this summer. I believe it was around 600.00 for the larger  windows with the tint of your choice, single pane only. Plus shipping.

Guy & Sue
1984 Classic 40' #59