You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Microphor toilet leaking

You do have to let the air out of the system to work on the toilet.

If you go to the 12 v air compressor you will find a pressure regulator. Adjust it to zero pressure and that should stop air to the toilet if yours is plumbed like mine.

However, you will also turn the air off to the slide seals and air doors when you do that. Just making you aware.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

My slides have checks on them so they don't deflate when you do that. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

That's a neat idea Russ. I'll add that to the to do list.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

In case some else decides to do it - just be sure the check valve is located upstream of the solenoid valve. On the other side would be a disaster as the seal could not deflate when the key is in the ON position and the seal would be torn or rolled when the room moved.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

So I've got an update and it turns out my problem was actually very simple.
The plastic nut / ring that holds the spud assembly to the bracket was fractured. It became loose and then I leaked water where the spud attached to the plumbing.
I couldn't easily find a replacement so I wrapped it with 2 zip ties around the circumference of the nut and I'm back in action! I included a picture.
The only tricky part was that you can't tighten the zip tie fully until the nut is in its final position and fairly tight because the locking part of the zip tie cannot fit between the gap on the spud and the rest of the plumbing. I kinda turned the nut inside of the zip ties until it was tight then I snugged the zip ties.
Thanks for all your help!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jonathan Shetler
1999 Newell 510
Ft Lauderdale, FL