You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH Touch Panel Problems

Hi Guys,

hope someone can help with this one. Cranked the coach the other day & the touch panel to level the coach only had the "travel mode" light on. I pushed the level

button & all the lights came on. Air pressure stays up but will not level or raise the coach.

After talking to HWH i sent my old touch panel in for a rebuild. I also ordered a new touch panel. After checking the continuity of the 8 wire cable to the control box &

pulling & checking all the fuses i could find that pertains to the leveling system & installing the new panel......still had the problem.

The only thing that turns off all the panel lights except for the travel light is when i pull on & off the parking air brake lever.

thanks

Newell Coach 1999 # 527. have owned for seven years.

Mark & Beverly Fincke
99 Newell Show Coach, # 527 (Heavy Metal)
Twin Slides, Rear Bath
08 Saturn Vue XR  SUV Toad

99 Escalade ESV.

Mark,

trace the blue wire from the parking brake switch to the HWH panel under the drivers feet in the outside compartment. Check it for continuity. That wire should have a diode in it according to HWH.

Look on the HWH site for the 600 series troubleshooting manual. It is pretty logical.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mark,

My panel lit up like a Christmas Tree two years ago, all lights except travel. Travel mode okay but no leveling.

Sent the computer box to HWH which they rebuilt for $124 including two boards in the box, labor and shipping back. I paid shipping to them.

You might ask them about sending the panel too as last summer I stopped at HwH and they renewed the face on the panel, installed a new cable plug that clamped the plug so it would not wiggle out like it had several times before. They spent 2 hours under the motorhome looking for and marking leaks. $90 charged this time.

Been fine ever since.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area