You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Serious Issue

Folks, there has been many discussions on the fires that have been caused by rv refrigerators. Another disaster happened last night when a friends coach caught fire. Fortunately, he, his dog and his wallet survived. He had enough time to get out with just his underware. His wife was in another location. He had a Norcold and had all the recalls and recalls on the recalls done. The coach from kitchen to drivers area is gone. He had a working smoke detector, Thank God.
I went out to my coach and I have a Dometic. I checked the smoke detector above the refer and found out it is defective. I will purchase a couple more detectors this week. When that unit goes out, a Whirlpool will take its place.
Tom is a member of the wanderlodge group and maybe he can get the photos about this situation. I don't believe anyone should take this lightly. Ernie Ekberg

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

Ernie, thanks for the warning. i do like the idea of my 2002 being an all electric coach. i hope all of our forum members take a look at their smoke detectors. i know i am going to beef mine up.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Ernie, could you post a link to that discussion. I am a Wanderlodge Member as well but couldn't find the discussion.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Found it!
Slim Summerville lost his 1999 LXI last night to a fire in N. E. Fla. Outside of Daytona. It started by he thinks the refrigerator. 3 am sound asleep the fire alarm went off he got out with his wallet and his dog. Orene was in Nashville at the time she’s OK but everyone is shook up. Everyone is OK Slim asked me to post this.
PLEASE DO NOT CALL.
Slims computer melted to the dinner table and his cell phone has no charger so he needs it for family matters. If he needs help he will ask, so for the moment we need to let him chill out.

cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

here is the link to it. very sad about the coach but fortunately ernies friends got out ok.

tom

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...hp?t=14741

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

This is a good "heads up" and we should all look at the maintenance with our Refrigerators. Now I am not even going to imply that this was the case but it would not hurt any to get a look.
My Owner's Manual is not with me but I do remember to check the Burner and Clean it when the Flame isn't good. We should also ensure that the Flue is clear and there isn't allot of Dust in the area. Our Washer & Dryer is right next to the Refer so I have been alert to lint and dust.
At any rate it is a great time to look at fire and other hazards!

Thanks for adding the links. One question I have: Why hasn't there been a class action suit about these Norcold timebombs? And why is Norcold still in business? Well, actually 2 questions.

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge