You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HWH RAP1940 6 Pack Air Solenoids Rebuild Kits

I just emailed you for a kit (6 sets). Thank you!!

Emerson A.
1997 Newell #443
2008 Jeep Wrangler

got it

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

howdy,

i have the next batch of kits coming in the first week in january. a chunk of them are already spoken for. if anyone wants to get on the list for some let me know.

thanks

tom

Hi Tom. I’m still speaking up for one of the rebuild kits. Let me know when to send payment again.
Thanks for doing this.
Hank

Hank & Natalie Bensley
2001 Double Slide #586. 
2021 Cherokee Trailhawk Toad
We've been RV owners since 2002.
Port Orange, FL. Soon we will travel full time for "a while" Smile

hi hank,

got you on the list already. surprisingly most of them are spoken for already.

tom

back again, i have a handful of kits left from the latest batch if anyone is of need. the foretravel folks tend to snatch them up fairly quickly.

tom

I just rebuilt my front 6 pack with one of Tom's kits and it went smoothly. I noticed some of the solenoids (RAP1940) bodies were brass and some were aluminum. I'm taking it some of the valves were replaced and the newer valves are aluminum not brass... Is that true?

Ron & Jennifer Ward
2003 Newell Show Coach #643 (Racer Bus) Triple Slide, DD 60
Visalia, CA

i dont think it had anything to do with age. from what i can tell hwh had several suppliers or more for each part of the complete unit.

just make sure that the plunger was an exact match for the aluminum bodied one that you replace it in. it would be obvious and my parts would not fit in it and still work.

the only other difference on brass valve bodies is the size of the orfice. the older ones (like from the late 80's) some had a slightly larger orifice. however, the plunger will work with those just fine. in fact i have two of them in my rear raise manifold so that it will supply slightly more air in leveling raise mode.

i have some complete valves that were aluminum bodied that had entirely different plungers. but that should have been obvious. the ones i have had a plunger with a small spring on the bottom, and not one that goes around the plunger like the ones i supply.

you have my number, if you have any concerns call me

thanks

tom

Tom they are all exactly the same and the kits worked perfect. I just noticed on the rear 6-pack, 2 solenoids are brass and 4 are aluminum and on the front 6-pack 4 are brass and 2 are aluminum. It just seamed odd that's all.

Ron & Jennifer Ward
2003 Newell Show Coach #643 (Racer Bus) Triple Slide, DD 60
Visalia, CA

That will severely effect the handling of the coach, resulting in a terrible pull to the left. I would correct before I drove it anywhere. You could put all the aluminum ones on one six pack and all the brass on the other. You are lucky you have six of each.
This happens because the brass and aluminum have vastly different magnetic resonance properties, and as you know the coils just above the body are electromagnets when energized. The imbalance in magnetic fields has been shown to cause animals including humans to become disoriented and lose their ability to move in a straight line.

Preposterously joking of course.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )