You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Plumbing bay

I would like to get to the plumbing in the water bay behind the panel that houses all of the shut-offs for the various fixtures. That aluminum panel seems to be riveted to the frame work. Is there a way to access this area without drilling out all those rivets??

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

I'll let you know later this today once I get my 93 coach back to the house so I can remind myself how I got back there as I have previously done.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed

It is easy on my '99. Could be different for you though.

The big brushed aluminum panel on mine is velcroed on. You start by removing the angle strips that hold it from the front. They are all screwed in place with a torx head. Once those are off just pull gently on the panel and it comes right off. Could be entirely different on yours, but I thought I would toss this other there. I remember the first time I looked at the other side with the AquaHot. I could not see how to get the AquaHot out as I thought that panel could not be removed. Pretty clever how it is attached - same on both sides. Good luck! Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(08-24-2015, 06:37 AM)RussWhite Wrote:  It is easy on my '99.  Could be different for you though.

The big brushed aluminum panel on mine is velcroed on.  You start by removing the angle strips that hold it from the front.   They are all screwed in place with a torx head.   Once those are off just pull gently on the panel and it comes right off.  Could be entirely different on yours, but I thought I would toss this other there.  I remember the first time I looked at the other side with the AquaHot.  I could not see how to get the AquaHot out as I thought that panel could not be removed.  Pretty clever how it is attached - same on both sides.    Good luck!  Russ

I removed the cover on the other side of the tanks to remove and repair the waste tank, 
Mine had about a thousand screws and some rivets.
I did not put the cover back on and now use that area for storage.

Paul and Sherry Schneider
1994 newell coach 366, 38 ft with a 8v92 ddec 2

My 93 coach on the driver side is an outstanding menagerie of fastening. There are panels glued, screwed AND riveted just in case someone wants to take them apart. The panel covering the shutoff handles is just screwed, but not glued or riveted. So, the tools you will need depend on which panel you choose to remove. I was able to cut loose the glue with a utility knife and a thin putty knife.

Jon Kabbe
1993 coach 337 with Civic towed