You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell Coach Recalls or Concerns

Because of the Wanderlodge fire it has me thinking hard about any and all recalls pertaining to a Newell Coach. I'm concerned about any recall and sure the factory will take care of any they know of but what about the Newells which have changed hands and the new owner doesn't receive notice about the recall with a hazard waiting to happen.

Bob

Report Date : October 2, 2012 at 12:30 PM
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 05V242000
Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s):
NEWELL / MOTOR HOME 2003-2005

Manufacturer: NEWELL COACH CORP. Report Receipt Date: MAY 27, 2005

NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 05V242000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A
Component: EQUIPMENT:RECREATIONAL VEHICLE:LPG WATER HEATER
Potential Number of Units Affected: 71
Summary:

ON CERTAIN MOTOR HOMES EQUIPPED WITH VEHICLE SYSTEMS' AQUA-HOT AND HYDRO-HOT WATER HEATERS, WHICH USE WEBASTO BURNER TUBES, THE BURNER TUBES DO NOT MEET SPECIFICATIONS AND COULD FAIL PREMATURELY.
Consequence:

THE SURFACE TEMPERATURE OF THE EXHAUST TUBE EXITING FROM THE HEATER CAN INCREASE AND COULD POTENTIALLY IGNITE COMBUSTIBLE MATERIALS IN OR AROUND THE VEHICLE.
Remedy:

VEHICLE SYSTEMS IS CONDUCTING THE OWNER NOTIFICATION AND REMEDY FOR THIS CAMPAIGN. OWNERS MAY CONTACT VEHICLE SYSTEMS AT 1-800-685-4298 OR NEWELL AT 1-918-542-3344.

Bob,
Prior to buying my coach I called Newell with the coach number and inquired about any recalls pertaining to the coach. They looked up their records, advised me there had been one recall and that they had done the recall work. Once I bought the coach I registered with Newell as the new coach owner so I would get any recalls. Newell will be able to tell you if a recall for a coach is on file and even if they have no record of it being fixed I'm sure they could tell you what needed to be done and how to recognize if it has been done. If there is an outstanding recall you just will need to get it fixed. Doesn't seem like a big issue to me if you are a little proactive from the start.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531