You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide seal

rolled my #2 slide seal off the nipple the other night. How has anyone sealed the gap till I can get repaired?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

Marc,

Just a thought. See the thread about Tom's garage door. If you got some of the same pipe insulation you could pull slide in and wedge the insulation into the gap. I would resist the urge to tape it. The residue would be very hard to get off.

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Marc, MOT seals the gaps with green masking tape.

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

Marc,

Does you coach have vacuum pumps for the seals?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

That makes me nervous! I was reading where you can overextend the bedroom slide into the coach - maybe you could unroll the seal?... I would use the blue/green painters tape - it is removable and should not leave any gunk on the paint... Home Depot/Lowes/Ace would have up to 2" maybe 3" rolls

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

Went and got some styrofoam strip molding they use on doors. 1/2 inch thick..wedged it in the crack .. I got the slide in..

Richard yes it uses a vacuum. To get it In ,it would move maybe an inch at a time then pause for 15 secs and do it again. We are in the coach tonight with only one bedroom slide out. We are able to lower Murphy bed.. Wife said we are roughing it cuz the number 2 slide won't seal and I am to afraid to extend it. Going to Newell tomorrow. I'll put it in the newman Ellis coach trailer manufacturing building so it's out of the elements until they can get to it.

Marc Newman

Marc

How did you make out at Campn Newell?

Doug and Melanie Matz
2015 45 Bunk Coach 1517
Toad Ford Flex

Marc,

It's rainy, and I have too much time to think. When you described the stick slip motion of the slide as you tried to move it, it sounds like the seal was inflated or partially inflated. Do you have Valid or HWH slides? The HWH slide has a delay in the circuitry that is supposed to prevent that.

The point is that you may want to have Newell check that the seal is truly deflating when you want to move the slide.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Thanks everyone. It's valid slides. Richard I'll have them look at it.. When this seal is fixed that will leave only one seal that hasn't been replaced in the last year.

Coach is in side at my manufacturing building in Miami. Hope to move it to Newell tomorrow. Inside for the weekend.. And they can fix next week. I'll let everyone know what the verdict is.

Marc Newman