You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

TV on lift behind couch

I got my lift in today and it looks pretty stout. I pulled the drawers out from the couch and unbolted the four main bolts holding it to the floor but there must be more bolts some where else, any idea where?
The other question is: if I pull the couch out about 8 inches is the slide out going to work properly? I also will have to remove some of the carpet or may lift the couch for the carpet instead of cutting it.

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

The frame that holds the drawers is screwed on the sides to the wall if your couch is in the slide. The couch should lift up and out of the frame if the four bolts through the steel structure have been removed. Or you can look around for the screws through the side panels.

If you do alter the height of the couch, also reposition the height of the drawer slides or the drawers will close at a tilt.

Will it hit when the slide moves in and out? Dunno. I had to adjust the height of my slide couch when I redid the floors. I would mock up what I was thinking about doing and move the slide several times to make sure. Watch what you are doing. It is a hydraulic slide and it will crush whatever is in the way.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

This gives me a idea. My couch is uncomfortable since the back is too upright, but would be more comfortable if the front was raised an inch or two.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

The lift is working great and disappears nicely. I am going to add a 1x6 across the back and get larger/better rails for the drawers to slide better. I am going to add some 1or2x4s to get the couch over the carpet/slideout room so there is no problems with it. BTW, the couch is fairly easy to take apart/move - pull out the drawers and then there are a couple screws on each side that holds the framing around the drawers. The couch itself is held in by 4 wood screws... this is for my couch anyway, your mileage may vary...

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

As an update I am including pictures of the 'almost final' installation of the TV lift and electronics.  The electronics include a Verizon wireless 4GLTE router, Cisco router, AppleTV (more to come), Panasonic amp/switcher/sound bar, TV Lift, a FreeNAS 12TB media/backup server with Plex, Toshiba 40" TV (soon to be replaced with a 50"+ OLED (hopefully) 4K TV...

(11-17-2015, 09:17 AM)pairodice Wrote:  As an update I am including pictures of the 'almost final' installation of the TV lift and electronics.  The electronics include a Verizon wireless 4GLTE router, Cisco router, AppleTV (more to come), Panasonic amp/switcher/sound bar, TV Lift, a FreeNAS 12TB media/backup server with Plex, Toshiba 40" TV (soon to be replaced with a 50"+ OLED (hopefully) 4K TV...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

(11-17-2015, 09:17 AM)pairodice Wrote:  As an update I am including pictures of the 'almost final' installation of the TV lift and electronics.  The electronics include a Verizon wireless 4GLTE router, Cisco router, AppleTV (more to come), Panasonic amp/switcher/sound bar, TV Lift, a FreeNAS 12TB media/backup server with Plex, Toshiba 40" TV (soon to be replaced with a 50"+ OLED (hopefully) 4K TV...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

how far out did you have to move the couch?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

About 9 inches and picked the couch up about Twitter and inches to clear the floor

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

Got rid of the old TV in the upper cabinet in the living room last night (dumpster this morning).  It weighs a ton and I literally had to rip it out...  after I had it out I noticed the aluminum plate that the TV was bolted to.  If I would have picked up the TV in the front and pushed it back it probably would have slid out (with some persuasion).  There was a bracket at the rear of the TV cabinet that held the plate down then brackets up top with two bolts on each side to hold the TV in.  It made me feel like Hercules to rip the TV out but this morning I feel more like Peewee Herman... I would highly recommend getting some help rather than my method!  I do have a nice very large hole where the TV and all the old stereo amp, 10 disk CD player, DVD/Tape player were located.  I removed the old Sony stereo and hooked up a new Sony radio and installed the Sirius/XM adapter to it.  It works great and my wife is enjoying being able to have music and listen to her teaching CDs.  The Sony has an app that allows it to play the XM and give directions on Google Maps or Waze - very nice!  
I'm thinking about skipping the Stereo/Tuner/Amp altogether and just getting a nicer sound bar... much more storage! 

Karen & Adrian Abshire 

Adrian, I kept the TV in the overhead above the dash in addition to the tv on the lift. Now, on game days, I can watch two different games. Its terrific...especially if you are confused like I am about which teams to follow. (I went to Miss. State, UAB, and Alabama) but I have always loved Auburn.

I did replace the old heavy plasma with a lightweight LED tv. The heavy Plasma had nearly pulled the entire overhead down into my lap!

Which model of Sony do you have?

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama