You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Intro and Help with Purchase of an '06

I don't escrow. Just keep the numbers in the back of my head. As for genny, I get oil & filters (oil & fuel) done with every engine oil change. Air filters when dirty. Has been about every 2 yrs on air filter for genny. Every year for 8V92 about 10-15K miles.

Lot's of great advice here. I think that the rear bath will be fine if the coach otherwise checks out and I don't cook so the lack of counter top space isn't a real issue for me (don't let the better half hear me say that).

Now the only thing I need to do is figure out how to fit 2 bass guitars, a 6 string guitar, and two practice amps in the coach and still have room for clothes (somehow less important).

I'm not sure if I should post this elsewhere but I will try here first.

Any thoughts on a fair price for a 70K mile '06 in good condition that doesn't need anything that won't get you burned down the road?

I negotiated what I think is a fair price based on what I have seen in the '05-'06 range but am not a market expert like some here so before I let the cat out of the bag, I'm curious of the popular opinion.

#772 without the body updates went for right at $300K. That was a great coach but I couldn't get past only 3 slides.

I have some questions for everyone, I change genet oil every 500 hours per Newell recommendation. Engine oil every year or 15 k whichever comes first.. Am I way off base?

As far as front vs mid . I'm a front entry guy. What a lot of people don't realize it allows your front slide to also be larger so it almost a double square foot advantage when parked. I'm also a bath and a half guy. I think the resale on them is better. i have the counter on both sides with drawer fridge and freezer.. Note to owners of drawer fridge and freezer. Make sure you have 5lb catches attached to the drawers. A full drawer with no latches results in a drawer thrown across coach in a curve or turn..

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

(10-15-2015, 05:59 PM)Yachts Wrote:  I have some questions for everyone, I change genet oil every 500 hours per Newell recommendation. Engine oil every year or 15 k whichever comes first.. Am I way off base?

As far as front vs mid . I'm a front entry guy. What a lot of people don't realize it allows your front slide to also be larger so it almost a double square foot advantage when parked. I'm also a bath and a half guy. I think the resale on them is better. i have the counter on both sides with drawer fridge and freezer.. Note to owners of drawer fridge and freezer. Make sure you have 5lb catches attached to the drawers. A full drawer with no latches results in a drawer thrown across coach in a curve or turn..

There is no denying that the slide is bigger on the front entry. On the side, it is only big enough for the sofa on the passenger side.

I see you are a fellow car guy. I would personally go way sooner with your oil change intervals. My 100 hour generator changes were probably excessive but so was the environment. Look at it as theoretical distant at 60MPH. 500 hours would be 30,000 miles (way to long to go (that is 20 days straight of running around the clock), 100 hours is 6,000 miles. Just about right.

For the coach, 10-15K would be fine if you put that on in a short period. If you are like most and rack up under 10K a year, I would change it every 6 months.

Oil is cheap, engines are expensive.

I see you are a fellow Benz guy. I have owned many AMG's and the factory oil change recommendation is 10K (as on most German cars). I have never gone past 5K and usually not past 3K.

At 100 hours the oil in my generator looks like I just poured it in.
I have been running it about 300 hours before a change.

Paul and Sherry Schneider
1994 newell coach 366, 38 ft with a 8v92 ddec 2

(10-16-2015, 05:17 AM)Hotrodhornet Wrote:  At 100 hours the oil in my generator looks like I just poured it in.
I have been running it about 300 hours before a change.

Sounds reasonable. I think I will start doing 250 as there is nothing wrong with your oil coming out clean.  Big Grin

Marc, thank you for your reply to my question about your oil change frequency for the engine.....I have a Detroit Diesel 6V92, and that is the frequency I use......15,000 miles, or every year, which ever comes first.  5,000 miles seems too frequent an interval to me....my oil is barely beginning to look a little 'dirty' at 5,000 miles.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com