You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

JetpaQ water pump

Many of the 90s coaches have the old JetpaQ 110V water pumps(see picture).  This water pump has a pressure diaphragm similar to a pressure tank in a well system.  The pressure diaphragm is located within the stainless steel end.  The manual calls for checking the pressure within the pressure diaphragm every 6 months.

Since I have never checked mine I thought I would.  The pump is charged at the factory to 30psi.  This would give the pump a discharge rate of 43 psi.  A drop in pressure in the pressure diaphragm will drop your discharge pressure--for example dropping to 26psi, the discharge rate drops to 36 psi.  There is a normal tire type schrader valve on the stainless end of the pump.  Prior to checking the pressure shut off the pump and release all pressure by opening a faucet. I checked mine with a tire gauge and it was only 21.5 psi.  I increased it to 30 psi.  Remember this is a small pressure diaphragm so you will just need to put in a small amount of air.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531