You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Entry Door Striker

If anyone needs a new entry door striker for a Series 2000 Newell, they are still available from your friendly Ford dealer. The part number is D2AZ6522008A. I paid $17.62 plus tax in Albuquerque for one. I got the part number from Chuck Clarke at Newell and they have them in stock also. Since I am traveling, I wanted to try to find one locally. It is typically not on the shelf but available for pickup by noon the next day. I called from Santa Fe yesterday, paid for it over the phone, then when I got to Albuquerque today, I drove over and picked it up.

I had a striker unit that I could not get the washer off of without destroying the threads on the striker bolt. The new one has a threaded washer on it so when the plastic piece breaks next time, I should be able to remove the washer and slip on another plastic bushing. Those bushings are available from Autozone and likely others. They are packaged in a pack of 2 short and 2 long. The long ones are what Newell used, at least from 1990 - 2001. Someone with an older and newer Newell will have to speak for those.

You will need a T-50 torx wrench to remove and install the striker bolt.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com