You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

TPMS which one?

(12-13-2015, 08:24 AM)prairieschooner Wrote:  Thanks again guys! your input has really helped me make this decision.
ou
I think that I will be buying the EEZ RV, EEZTIRE T515/SP system. We are leaving again before the end of the week so this purchase was expedited and will buy through Amazon with the 2 day shipping. I will only be able to get the 6 sensors for right now but the system is expandable. They offer a 15 day return so I hope to be able to install prior to leaving for the Parker Strip aPgain.
I now agree that this is an important tool while traveling and with new tires I would like to know what is going on with them.
Steve,

You can purchase from EZZ RV Products direct for a 10 sensors unit for $429.00. You can call them and they may even make a better price. I would definitely get sensors for my tow, car or trailer. I don't think you need the flow through sensors. With the heat sensors it will tell you if anything is going wrong, such as brakes dragging, bearing going bad, or any other unknown tire issue. When heat riser in one tire something is causing that problem. I think you are making a smart choice. If i can help let me know. I have many stories on how the tire monitoring systems have saved me from major problems.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

Ron, Thanks for your help and advice. I am not sure about the tow just yet so I ordered the 6 sensor system and will have it by Wed. Don't want to sound cheap but after buying the new set of Michelins fore & aft ...well another unexpected expense so I'll have to add them in a couple of months.
If I have any problems I'll take you up on that and ask for help.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

This Thread is almost 2 1/2 years old. 

I read of multiple units advertised and they all sound great.  Information is power and therefore need to be in control for my family, and the public's safety, as we move down the highway.  
I have a silver leaf screen above my head that scans, will it monitor the tires also ?

I have a trailer in tow most of the time and would need 10 wheels monitored and a booster.

Any update on the pros and cons of newer units ?

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.

Our '07 has a Smartire monitoring system already installed.  It measures pressure and temperature and is set up to monitor a towed vehicle.  There were no sensors included for the towed vehicle.
I contacted Smartire.  The company has discontinued their RV support and now only service commercial vehicles.  Their support staff was very helpful however.  They informed me that the Smartire system operates on an RF frequency of 433.92Mhz similar to many other vendors systems.
The next step is to see if screw on valve stem sensors placed on the towed vehicle from another vendor will transmit and be received by the Smartire system. Anyone have experience in this area?

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

Check with pressure pro,  I remember reading something about their frequency being in the 430mhz range.  They are based in MO I believe, google it.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Hey All,
Been looking at MANY TPMS's for my coach. Found some nice ones.

As I read through several forum threads regarding TPMS's I couldn't tell if I would need 8 Sensors (one for each wheel/tire) or the drive axle ones are tied together (so they equalize) and so only need 6.

Please enlighten me!

It would probably be obvious if I was at the coach.. but it's tough being across most of the country from it!

Thanks!

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

8 sensors.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
Thanks!

i wonder if Cat's eyes would be beneficial to keep the pressures regulated in each pair? Of course, then temps wouldn't be as useful...

Rick

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan

There are pros and cons to tying the duals together. Most run them independently. I have never had a problem having them get very far away from the same pressure. And if you lose one, like I have, the other one stays up and gets you off the road.

As far as temp goes, keep in mind the TPMS sensors that screw onto the valve stem are only INDICATORS of temperature. There is no way they can actually measure the temp of the air inside the tire. They are effective at detecting dragging brakes or other conditions that heat up the tire. Only TPMS systems that have a sensor inside the tire can measure the actual air temp in the tire.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Mike ,
Congrats on acquiring your Coach !
I agree with Tom , 8 sensors for coach .
What about your helo trailer ?
I have a Tire Minder system from  Etrailer , 10 sensors, 6 coach 4 trailer . Worked well on 30 mile coach only road test . Easy  install and set up. Internal sensors would be better , but the screw ons should be okay with metal valve stems .
I had problems years ago with extension hoses , etc on dual wheels , kind of partial to individual valves . A little tricky to access , TPMS helps.
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand