You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

direct tv changed their sat last fall

i had not used the RF Mogul HD self aligning sat dish since last summer.  so i put the direct tv receivers in the newell and took off on our trip.  first night and i couldnt get the dish to align.  it did it until the motor overheated and shut down.  

i have the RF Mogul RFM1100 system that i installed about 3 years ago.  

i contacted them and they said that direct tv had changed their sat last fall and my system cannot find it and was not upgradeable.  their first gen system was outsourced to a korean company and they were no longer supporting them.  

so i had to upgrade the control box, lnb etc.  i have it being shipped to steve mogowns so i can install it before i leave here.  on this one they said they are doing all the manufacturing themselves and give a lifetime warranty on it.  

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Bummer that you had the expense of an upgrade.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

michael and i installed it today.  the instructions said 30-60 minutes.  took michael and i a little over 2 hours.  

it has a cool led light that shines on the new reflector decals that really light up at night.  

nice to have sat tv again.  what can i say...i like tv

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Yes you do!

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com

Strange, my Wineguard worked perfectly after being in storage since October.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I am sure there was a firmware update that probably happened you didn't know about. Mine was not updatable.

Tom