You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Glass Dash Air Sensor Hookup HELP!

I suspect you are on to the issue. The default is likely to switch to the camera ports when backing or turning.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Do you have a picture of your dash before installing the glass dash? That is SO cool!

Karen & Adrian Abshire 
1998 2 slide 45' Newell Coach 498 
Prior: 1985 Foretravel ORED 35, 1988 38' Foretravel U280, 2000 Foretravel 42' U320, 1990 Bluebird Wanderlodge WB40

(06-12-2016, 08:20 AM)pairodice Wrote:  Do you have a picture of your dash before installing the glass dash?  That is SO cool!

Here is a picture of my old analog dash, a picture of the Glass Dash uninstalled and of course after the Glass Dash is installed.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237
West Central Part of Michigan

Would be interested to know the cost?

Marc Newman
Formerly Newell 422, 507, 512 701

I'm thinking the SL glass dash was around 10k not sure if it includes dash panel .....

Billy & Starla Hoffman
Poteau Oklahoma
 2003 Newell #659

No, they dropped the price. It is around 5K installed if you take your coach to them. If they travel to your coach you would have to pay their travel expenses. Mine was around $5.5K complete.

Regards to all!

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237

C'mon Santa, Daddy needs a new dash!

Great work Sayed! Did you do the install or did they come to you? How did you get the template for the new dash?

Do you find the glass dash more or less visible than the analog gauges? I have trouble getting my seat / steering wheel in a position where I can see whats going on.

Also, do you have a Silverleaf trip/engine computer above the driver's seat?

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

(06-11-2016, 04:14 PM)newell_0 Wrote:  
(06-11-2016, 04:03 PM)Fulltiming Wrote:  Very nice Sayed. No, the display should not blank out when the turn signal is on.

If I press a key on the keypad the display comes back on while the turn signal is still on. The back of the Glass Dash has four video ports for hooking up the backup and side view cameras.  I just replaced my camera (back and side view) monitor.  It is bigger and would rather use that instead of a possible tiny image on the Glass Dash.
I'm wondering if it switches to full screen to show the side camera? I'll to ask SL guys.

Yes the Glass Dash does go to full screen view with side cameras with the turn signals are activated. It also goes full screen when the transmission is switched to "Reverse". This is all configurable in the setting as well. Just make sure blinker zoom is enabled. The reason it's blanking on Sayed's dash is he doesn't have the cameras hooked up to the dash yet.

Dale Kemper
Silverleaf Electronics
541-967-8111

1996 Beaver Patriot With ALL the goodies......
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71Trail Boss

(06-13-2016, 12:12 PM)bikestuff Wrote:  C'mon Santa, Daddy needs a new dash!

Great work Sayed!  Did you do the install or did they come to you?  How did you get the template for the new dash?

Do you find the glass dash more or less visible than the analog gauges?  I have trouble getting my seat / steering wheel in a position where I can see whats going on.  

I took the old dash out and sent it to Dale. From that he drew CAD drawing, made the new dash, and built the harness with everything labeled properly for an easy install. It took a friend of mine who is an auto mechanic about four hours to do the install. The hardest part of the job was fishing the wires from the dash up overhead where my coach SilverLeaf is.

Also, do you have a Silverleaf trip/engine computer above the driver's seat?  

Yes, I do. That makes the installation rather easy as the new harness plugs into the old SilverLeaf, and there is another plug where the SL old plug plugs in.

Cheers,
bill

Bill,

Sayed Hashimi
Previous owner of # 1237

(06-10-2016, 03:20 PM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Curious as to the size of the screen.

It's 10 1/2" diagonal

Dale Kemper
Silverleaf Electronics
541-967-8111

1996 Beaver Patriot With ALL the goodies......
2016 Chevy Colorado Z71Trail Boss