You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

steps stuck out

hi,

yesterday while forest and cindy were staying with us, i got the 02 all ready for a short drive so forest could try driving a 45'r. i unhooked, checked the tires, took the mirror covers off, darlene, cindy, our daughter heather and dog missy were all loaded up and forest was in the driver seat engine running ready to go. i went outside to guide to make sure he didnt take out the rose bush on the way out and i noticed the step wouldnt retract.

brand new steps (but they got bent by a shop and are getting replaced again).

everyone was itchy to get going and darlene even suggested that i fix it and we could go the next day for a drive. well, that got my newell dander up.....ha

i got underneath, plugged and unplugged the steps, i tried it over and over again and even kicked the steps...i took the cover off the bode air door mechanism to look for the magnetic sensor to tell if the door is closed (i never did find it by the way, does anyone know where it is?) to no avail.

i called steve bare for advice and he said...sometimes they need lubed and there is enough tension that they wont retract. i firmly told him that wasnt the case....

well, as always, steve was right...i kicked the steps as the door was closing and in they went. i lubed them up, and off we went.

two lessons learned.

1. steve is always right
2. lube your steps often

later

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
You miswrote the two lessons. Should have read....

1. Steve sometimes gets lucky
2. Lube your steps often

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

pretty sure i got them right the first time.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

And a 45 footer drives pretty darn nice!

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Well Forest, you have my number... Lets talk.. soon. Going to Lake Havsau, Az in Dec.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

We should be juust down the dam from you, Matt. Bring beer.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

went there today. signed up for dec-feb. The Refuge Golf & Country Club. Its going to work for us. Staying warm.
Vegas was in the 50's this morning.
However we are heading back to Reno tomorrow. Back to louisiana, vote , back to Reno. Then down to Lake Havasu City. Lots of travel miles...600 from Reno to Havasu, thats the only coach miles.
THEN I JUST SITS for winter....

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin