You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Angel Bus

I dont know if any in our group have ever heard of Angel Bus or not. I had the priviledge of transporting a Cancer patient in my '78 Newell a few years ago. It was a rewarding experience for me. Basically motorcoach owners volunteer to transport non emergency patients who are unable or cannot afford to fly. Long distance trips are done in segments with each driver taking the patient and their attendant whatever distance he can. Then the patient is transferred to another coach for the next "leg" of the journey. My segment was to transport from Bryan , Ohio to the patients home in Western Illinois. By the time we arrived (11:00 pm) I was tired but overwhelmed by the out pouring of love and gratitude her family showed to me and my (nurse) Mother-in-law who rode along.
Her family sent me a card a few months later informing me that she had succumbed to the cancer and expressing their gratitude that she got to spend her last days at home.
Here is the web-site:

http://www.angel-bus.org/eliminating-bumps-in-the-road

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

dean,

that is really cool. i spent some time on the web site. I think we will inquire about it.

thanks

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

i did contact angel bus. they were glad to have people be interested. that said, most of the missions are on the east coast and few to none in arizona so far. and if they do have them they are very long distance ones where they use donated commercial bus lines.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH