You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HD Satellite Dish

The other one comment I will make.....you can get local HD when you travel with DISH not Direct!
I have argued this point with many Direct customer service managers. They think you are stealing the signal for a remote location.....

The last one comment is: I currently run 3 HD TVS on one receiver. Because I either travel alone or with Connie we always watch the same programming. All in HD!
Again, I will only comment once!!!

Played Golf today.

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

I guess I am the only person in the world who could care less about HD! I am perfectly happy with my TracStar SV 360 in motion satellite and DirecTV. We watch movies(AMC & Turner Classic Movies) and news shows while driving. It helps pass the time on those 8 hour days of driving. Our TVs are digital and have a very clear picture, it's not HD but we are half blind anyhow!

Another advantage of in motion satellite antennas is when you get to the campgournd, its one less thing that you have to connect! Also, if you are watching a movie in the morning and you break camp you can continue watching it while you are going down the road.

Tuga & Karen Gaidry

2005 Honda Pilot

I have always avoiding having the DVR powered on while in motion. I know that many do it without issues but the hard drive spinning as we travel some of the rougher roads can't be good for them and I know MANY folks who have lost their DVR hard drives while I haven't. I always shut down power to my DVR prior to hitting the road each morning. That is not an issue for us because there are only 2 of us (Quinn doesn't care about TV) and I can't drive and watch TV and Georgia reads or sleeps while we are driving. I would take a different attitude if we had others traveling with us.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

(09-05-2012, 06:08 AM)tuga Wrote:  I guess I am the only person in the world who could care less about HD! I am perfectly happy with my TracStar SV 360 in motion satellite and DirecTV. We watch movies(AMC & Turner Classic Movies) and news shows while driving. It helps pass the time on those 8 hour days of driving. Our TVs are digital and have a very clear picture, it's not HD but we are half blind anyhow!

Another advantage of in motion satellite antennas is when you get to the campgournd, its one less thing that you have to connect! Also, if you are watching a movie in the morning and you break camp you can continue watching it while you are going down the road.

Hey Tuga, I think Quinn cares LESS!

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Dishnet is the only in motion currently available in HD. Directv is available only in SD. When Directv put up the new satellites their HD in motion became obselete.
I've also got the Tracvision R6 and am thinking of going like Ron to the Winegard when sitting still. He locked his in in minutes when he was visiting. My SD with Directv still looks awesome too.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

Don't feel bad Tuga, I'm satisfied with SD also. I can tell the difference between HD & SD but there is so little on tv that is worth watching I can't see any reason to upgrade.
Besides I'm saving my eyes for my photography.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I have HD at home and love it, especially for football. However, when I recently replaced my Newell dish, I opted for the regular domed dish, reasoning that I travel only about three months per year. Wrong. Directv provides NY and LA to motorhome owners. NY is broadcast in HD as well as other channels. My mistake.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(09-05-2012, 08:03 AM)smagown Wrote:  Dishnet is the only in motion currently available in HD. Directv is available only in SD. When Directv put up the new satellites their HD in motion became obselete.
I've also got the Tracvision R6 and am thinking of going like Ron to the Winegard when sitting still. He locked his in in minutes when he was visiting. My SD with Directv still looks awesome too.
Thanks,

If you have R6 why would you add another?

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Hey Matt:
After looking at Ron's huge front tv in HD it got me to thinking about going in that direction. I travel alone most of the time so I can't watch it anyway. I don't think most people realize they are looking at SD when in my coach tho. Just mulling it over. My omni off air antennae works very well too. The TV auto scans the channels and takes a few minutes also.
Thanks,

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

We are also happy with our DirecTV SD signal.....I have the Winegard hand crank up satellite dish and can usually have it dialed in within 5 minutes.

Clarke and Elaine Hockwald
1982 Newell Classic, 36', 6V92 TA
2001 VW Beetle Turbo
Cannondale Tandem
Cannondale Bad Boy
Haibike SDURO MTB
http://whatsnewell.blogspot.com