You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HD Satellite Dish

Tom, you apparently do not have 44" inches of travel in the lower front area, so if I were you, I would install it at the very front of the raised roof area. When collapsed, the 3005 should not be higher than 10" which is much less that the dome. Also, I suggest you use the aluminum plate which helps spread the load, but be aware that it may have to be offset a little to properly align the dish. As to the wiring, your existing two signal cables will work, but there is a new control cable that has to be install in the coach ahead of the receiver and that cable cannot be spliced. A new hole was drilled to handle this cable and the package of cables was enclosed in a plastic wire protector and clued to the roof. If you would like, I can set up a ladder and take some photos.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

my roof and sat

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

Attached are photos of the installation of my Wineguard SK-3005. The runners under the base are needed to level the antenna base to set flat on the roof. The control cable takes the place of the old power cable, it cannot be cut and connects in the coach to the antenna control box. I located my control in the front so I needed a new hole to house the two signal cables and control cable. The black wire protector material was screwed into the roof and the screws covered with weather proof sealant. Hope this helps.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

thanks for the pictures guys. that makes it alot easier to see.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

the gang that used to be at motosat started a company called RFmogul. they have a dish that is similar in capability to the winegard. the sk3005 is end of lifed and replaced by the Winegard SK-SWM3 TRAVLER.

the rfmogul one is interesting to me.

http://rfmogul.com/product-line-up.html the rfm4100-swm

tom

I was not aware the SK-SWM3 was in the works when I purchased my SK-3005. It came out a short time later. It is wired with the multiswitch which is necessary to run the new Directv Genie receiver which records 5 channels at the same time and makes it easy to have controls in the bedrooms.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

hi gang,

i bought the RFMogul FRM4100 HD direct TV dish and it was delivered today.

one of the options that i can do is to add wiring that will stow the dish when the ignition is turned on. (or any 12v is applied). just wondering about doing that or not. occassionally i turn the ignition on to level it while sitting. that would stow the dish. or, i could put an override switch on it which might be too much...

also, do any of you have an indicator light saying the dish is up? like the antenna light?

if so i would have to use a switch on the dish to do it. most likely a magnetic switch like security systems use on windows.

it looks pretty straight forward to install. it is a SWM so only 1 coax from the dish to the control unit (plus the control line) and then gets split out to as many sat boxes as you want.

i will take pictures of the install

tom

Hi Tom,
I wonder if you could pick up a 12V signal from the shift pad...when it is in the Drive position.??

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(03-11-2013, 05:45 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  Hi Tom,
I wonder if you could pick up a 12V signal from the shift pad...when it is in the Drive position.??
Tom
I used the same light as the tv antenna warning. I think I tied into the same wire so either tv or sat dish will activate the warning. I made the switch which was a cheap brake light switch that I adapted to make work for my Wineguard Traveler dish.

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

i think i will do something similar. although i will probably do the ignition stow as well.

tom