You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HD Satellite Dish

Rabbit ears, 8 track, mono ear plug, B&W and a hot plate also work just fine.
The cost to move to HD just gets cheaper and cheaper. Off-Air has great programming in HD if you are near enough to collect it. The set-up such as Ron Skeen's is great if you record or sit still. A Newell is a wonderful place to sit still.
Hey, i bought Quadrophonic when it came out and would have bet dolby would have faded out!
Only wish I could toss the LCD's for all 240Hz 1080p LED's
Thats my one comment!

See All You Can!
Before Its Gone!Big Grin

(09-04-2012, 06:33 PM)Express1 Wrote:  I will only comment once on this topic....
IF YOU WANT INMOTION HD IT IS KVH TRACVISION R6dx.
other speak of sitting still watching HD. or watching old news on prerecorded dvr's

that right Ron, I watch LIVE HD WHILE MOVING!

Hey who drives, Jack in Black or Connie? Hard to watch or might end up like in Disney on the Bicycle. Is Clark giving you Bike lesson? Have a qreat day!

1996 #422 and 2004 #689 with YELLOW Goldwing, BMW K1200S, RZR, Dodge Truck

I corrected my mistake today and ordered a Winegard SK-3005 Directv HD from Amazon, who had the best price at $1,350. The Winegard MiniMax Automatic in a dome that I purchased last April for $800 is available if anyone wants a bargain.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

(12-24-2012, 04:19 PM)Chester Stone Wrote:  I corrected my mistake today and ordered a Winegard SK-3005 Directv HD from Amazon, who had the best price at $1,350. The Winegard MiniMax Automatic in a dome that I purchased last April for $800 is available if anyone wants a bargain.

Chester,

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I have mine. I am actually on my second one, the first going with the motor home I had prior to my Newell. There is one little trick I found. If you want to turn the power off to the controller after you are parked and locked on, just press the power button and the left of the other two ( select I think it is ) at the same time and it will power down. Saves a negliable amount of power and turns the lights off. Then, pressing the power button will restart a search which will complete more quickly than a search from the stowed position. Enjoy - Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Thanks for the tip Russ, I didn't know how to get the travler to search without storing and launching again.

I have been perfectly happy with the SK-3005.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Russ, I have saved your tip on my computer.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

Russ
Thanks for that tip.
Had mine over 4 years & never had a problem till the other morning. Woke up to 5" of snow & no signal. Figured if I stowed the dish, it would dump the snow. It was pretty wet snow & I got an error message "EL" motor failure.

Finally went out with a hose and was able to spray off the snow. Went inside, hit the power & wala, back in business !!!!!!!!!!!!

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

Gordon,

Wasn't sure how your story was going to end - so glad it had a happy ending. It sure seems to be a well made piece of hardware. The ocean spray is a very tough environment for mine. I hope it is still going in four years like yours. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(12-25-2012, 05:52 PM)RussWhite Wrote:  Gordon,

Wasn't sure how your story was going to end - so glad it had a happy ending. It sure seems to be a well made piece of hardware. The ocean spray is a very tough environment for mine. I hope it is still going in four years like yours. Russ

Russ
Just checked the warranty manual & there was no mention of Cranberrys being a problem !

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

hey guys,

currently i have a dome sat dish on the very front of the coach. in the small area that comes down from the hump. i think that is the only place i can really put a new dish. seems like it will look pretty goofy having an exposed dish right at the front where you can easily see it.

where is your dish located?

i am afraid that i will be over 13.5' if i put a dish farther back.

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH