You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

HD Satellite Dish

Tom & Forest,
I'm with you guys on running extra lenght & spare wires. What I learned in recent years is to MARK the spares. Sounds simple, & years ago I remembered. Today, not so much!

Tom,
You mentioned TV wire management. This was the third time I've cleaned up the ratsnest, always looks better after the TV is mounted

Gordon
1991 41.5' #266
8V92 DDEC II

I labeled all the wires including the spares

It saves a bunch of time later for sure

Tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

I am in the process of installing a HD antenna on my coach 722. I have the in-motion KVH, but it is not HD. I found a new product, which is made by RF Mogul, which is the only one that has the SWM head needed for HD Directv. It is awesome....

Coach Name: Hakuna Matata, 2005 Coach 722 47' Quad Slide, DD Series 60, Allison 6 Speed, Featherlite Toy Hauler

hi john, the rfmogul dish you refer to is the one i just installed on my coach. it works great.

tom

OK Tom, I think I am going to use the auto-stow. I had rather just punch the search button again if I turned on the ignition key. I saw a coach out in Arizona a couple of weeks ago, heading the opposite way from me that had his big ol' Satellite Internet dish up, and did not know it. I will bet it made a loud noise whe he went under some underpass. It only takes a couple of minutes to lock on if you mess up. I will call it my dummy proof switch.

I also found out , to get a HD pictute, I had to run Composite Cables to my TV . Now it gets 1080i resolution...

Coach Name: Hakuna Matata, 2005 Coach 722 47' Quad Slide, DD Series 60, Allison 6 Speed, Featherlite Toy Hauler

if your tv doesnt have hdmi, yes you need to run those cables. i run hdmi through my new yamaha receiver that has hdmi passthrough.

i have not decided to do the autostore or not yet. i have the harness that royal sent me to do it.

tom

(04-08-2013, 07:07 PM)encantotom Wrote:  if your tv doesnt have hdmi, yes you need to run those cables. i run hdmi through my new yamaha receiver that has hdmi passthrough.

i have not decided to do the autostore or not yet. i have the harness that royal sent me to do it.

tom

Your mention of Royal reminded me that I have not seen mention of Motosat closing their doors. Perhaps I missed it in the forum

John, MotoSat has been in transition for some time. The some of the original crew at MotoSat is now operating as RFMogul building TV dish systems but not internet systems. MotoSat was bought out and operated as MoSat until February 23, 2013 when they officially closed. http://www.motosat.com/index.html

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com