You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Rear Slide Question

I am familiar with the procedure to pull the slide in a couple extra inches to access and replace the slide seal.
I am now interested in extending the slide beyond its normal outward stop.   I want to expose the last few inches of the floor so I can work on it .   I am hoping, someone has been down this path and can offer some suggestions. 

Thanks,

Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

(07-26-2016, 10:30 AM)RussWhite Wrote:  I am familiar with the procedure to pull the slide in a couple extra inches to access and replace the slide seal.
I am now interested in extending the slide beyond its normal outward stop.   I want to expose the last few inches of the floor so I can work on it .   I am hoping, someone has been down this path and can offer some suggestions. 

Thanks,

Russ

Hello Russ,

Can you share the procedure to put the slide in deeper to change the seal ?
Thanks

MG

That's not fair! You are supposed to answer the questions, not ask one! Just kidding, here goes.

Get all the stuff that you store under the bed out of there.
Remove the panels in the carpeted floor to expose the stuff underneath. They are just held down with drywall screws. I find it helpful to remove the powered linear cylinder that raises the bed and just prop it I up with an appropriate length section of 2x4. Identify the limit switch that is actuated when the slide is fully IN. Running the slide in and out will help you see how it all works down there and identify the correct LS. Usually at this time I turn off the air to the slide seal. The regulator and valve are right there under the storage floor and you should see them with the access covers removed.
Now run in the slide about half way and lift off the valence. It helps like to have a helper, but I do it myself, but very carefully so it doesn't hit anything on the way down. I used to be able to put it back all by myself, but those days are gone :-(.
With the slide extended, now remove the bracket that actuated the Full In limit switch. I think there are just tow machine screws holding the bracket; Mark its position to you can return it exactly as it was. Now remove the mechanical stop. Mark it too. It is just a long bolt held in place with nuts.
At this point you should be ready to bring the slide it beyond its normal stopping position. Just use the slide in rocker switch as you always would but with short actuation as you get toward your desired stopping point. You can bring the slide out all the way up against the half round vertical columns and that is as far as it will go. You will have brought it in a couple extra inches and can easily remove and replace the seal with that much clearance.
Russ

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )

Thank you so much.
A procedure like this should be tagged in a special folder as a Sticky.

Is there a similar trick to do the same with the front slide ?

MG

Nope!
Does not work on a flat floor slide.
Saloon slide must be extended, not retracted, to access the seal.
It takes a support with Jack's and rollers to accomplish this early.
It is pretty much a factory procedure.

Russ

Russ White
#530  ( Sold )