You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cyberdyne Digital Gauges

howdy, my 02 has digital gauges for the aquahot, outside temp, outside bay temp, genny oil pressure and genny coolant temp.

they are cyberdyne. i replaced the 3 gauges over the driver for the genny and outside temp. they have a lifetime warranty so cyberdyne sent me new ones for free.

here is some documentation for them.

tom

Attached Files
.pdf cyberdyne gauge troubleshooting.pdf Size: 48.87 KB  Downloads: 72
.pdf cyberdyne gauge adjustment.pdf Size: 71 KB  Downloads: 58

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom,
Is only the gauges covered by the lifetime warranty? How about the sending sensors?

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

not sure. contact them and ask. the senders are much cheaper than the gauges themselves.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Opening up this thread, fast forward to October 2019.

We’re on our first big trip in #744.

The AquaHot hasn’t operated properly since we hit Breckenridge CO. 

I’m going to service unit when I get back home. If I try using it in the RV Park I’m afraid the smoke will bring the fire department to our site...

The AquaHot Temp Gauge in galley is only showing “LO” even though the electric side of the AquaHot appears to be operating properly. Before we purchased the coach Newell replaced the gauge in the galley.

Now I’m wondering if I’ve got something else causing the gauge to show “LO”... 
Has anyone else experienced this issue? I’m getting ready to order AquaHot servicing parts from Roger B so if I need a sensor I’ll include it in the order. 

Side note:
Does anyone adjust the AquaHot air intake when traveling to higher altitudes?
Don’t see any point in having a unit that only works well at sea level... 
I’ll try to post the video of my AquaHot running in Williams, AZ. 

Thanks,

JK

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
#744 2005 45’ Newell Coach 
ZF Suspension/Active Steering Tag Axle
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi
Allison HD4000MH Transmission with PTO drive.

At 9600' elevation it's not unusual for the aquahot to smoke. You can open up the air intake shutter at the bottom of the Webasto, but first make a mark so you know where to return it later. I've opened mine when above 8000', that seems to be the elevation where it starts to smoke. It helps to reduce the smoke but not all of it.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

I’ll give it a shot. The park is getting pretty empty so I won’t fog everyone out!

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas
CAT-13 ACERT KCB Engine 525HP 1642 ftlbs Torque Cat Compound Turbocharger 43.5 psi

Jeff, If you open the air shutter all the way, the burner will not care as it is not sensitive to too much air. But as you have learned, it is sensitive to too little air.

The philips screw on the air shutter adjustment is full open when pushed as close to the tank as possible. My normal setting is with the screw pointing straight out from the side of the burner. This setting could benefit by opening it all the way above 8000 feet.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

Pics of before and after air intake adjustment.

Fired it up, still smoking but it needs to run for a while. 

I’ll run again tomorrow on the way to ABQ. 

Thanks for the help. So much to learn. 

JK

Kristi & Jeff King
Bentonville, Arkansas

Jeff, the temp gauge on the AH is a Newell thing, so Roger probably will not be able to help. Look for a wiring or sensor problem if the gauge has been replaced.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )