You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

air conditioner filters

new to me #760 
where are the filters for the roof AC units?
it has 4 roof airs.
front 2 worked good then blew warm air. might have frozen. later in the day after shutting them off started cold again.
since it is new to me i would like to change or clean the filters.
I will have a lot of questions.

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12

Gary,
I believe you'll find the filters hidden by the removable panels on the interior of your coach.  Each air conditioner has one.  The panels in our '07 were oval in shape secured by the plastic snap in fittings on one end and a couple of flat strap metal dogs on the opposite ends.  I found that the end with the plastic snap in fittings had a little "give" while the dog ends were solid.  The filters in ours were simple rectangular plastic washable units around 8x10" each.
We lost 2 ACs last summer when capacitors gave out on us.  The ACs were sealed so adding refrigerant was out of the question.  As it turned out the capacitors were easy to change out and could easily be tested with a multimeter equiped for capacitance.  Good time of year to be working on those.  Much less sweat than in the summer.
Good luck,
Bob

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer" 

Mine were a little different than on the '07.  My salon a/c covers are leather covered and held in with one phillips head screw from one end.  Once the screw is removed, both covers slide toward the center of the salon.  Filters are now behind a plastic cover that holds them in place.

The two covers in the bedroom are held in by two phillips head screws on each side of the covers.  They are hard to see and somewhat covered by material.  Once the covers are removed, the filters are now behind a plastic cover that holds them in place.

Since yours is an '06, they may be more like what Bob described.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

i found them. the covers are held in place by a push in latch. took them down and an easy job to clean.
Thank you Steve and Bob.

2006 Newell #760
Cat 625
ZF 12

Gary,

Glad you found the filters.  They don't trap all the dust but get some and I'll bet if yours haven't been cleaned for a while that you'll notice a difference.  If you ever have Newell do their preventative maintenance routine on your coach they do service those filters as part of the process.

I'll bet one could design a tighter filter if desired but I'd be a litle cautious about restricting air flow that may have been designed into the AC system.  

The Newll engineers are very logical in their design approach.  It does take time to figure things out but once the light bulb flashes it's obvious.  I must admit that my bulb isn't as bright as some.

Happy New Year

Sandy and Bob McBratney
Previous owners of 2007 Newell #1202  "Boomer"