You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide Extension

Chappell - Just to be clear I am not trying to say that my experience has anything to do with your problem. I just wanted the OP to know what happened to me and how I diagnosted it and repaired it.
I hope things go well for you at the factory and they figure it out. I have had more than my share of slide troubles I think, but I would hate to not have them.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Back to the OP, your alternator is not charging your engine batteries. As a work around until that is fixed run the generator and merge the batteries

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I have had a request to detail how I added the interposing relay to supply more voltage to the coil of the pump contactor.

I will draw you a word picture and then include a photo.  I did this on the road and that is why the splice is taped instead of using a butt splice.

What one wants to accomplish is to install a small relay that picks up easily at the lower voltage from the HWH control board.   I carry an assortment of the general purpose 5 pin relays used at many locations in the coach.
Terminals are labeled as follows:
85 coil
86 coil
30 NO
87 NO
87a ( not used in this case ) NC

Remove the wire coming from HWH that goes to the pump contactor at the three o'clock position.
Connect that wire to terminal 86.
Connect terminal 85 to pump contactor at the 9 o'clock position ( common )
Connect terminal 30 to the pump contactor at the 12 o'clock position to get positive DC
Connect terminal 87 to the pump contactor at the 3 o'clock position ( where HWH was connected )

That's it.  I did not fuse the wire coming off the top of the contactor since the run was extremely short.

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

Thank you Russ.  That big coil for the pump should have never been handled by the HWH board anyway without another step.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567