You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

slide bushings

1 1/2" tall
.920" diameter
.213" thick
champher is approx. .283" deep
durometer reading of 60

These are the best I can measure.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

thats the best you can do? to within 1/1000th. come on....

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

they are rare earth magnets about the size of a quarter. i have the part numbers of them i got from grainger somewhere.

there is a hall effect transducer mounted inside the coach on the place where the locking pins is. it detects when the slide is all the way in by the magnet going directly under it.

the magnets are superglued onto the top of the slide right next to the slide hole.

be careful playing with the magnet because as soon as the hwh controller detects the magnet, those slide pins will come down with hydraulic force. dont ask me how i know

they will punch through the top of the slide like a knife into hot butter

tom

Think about this, all the bushing does is to keep the pin from rattling?
So then any rubber bushing that fits should work?
Maybe look for a rubber hose with same durometer and chamfer the top edge. Think that will work?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest. Have you seen one of the bushings. I agree there might be a substitute but I dont think a rubber hose will do it

Tom

I tried different hoses and weather seems to lift them out of the hole for awhile and then they swell a bit and seat, but then try and get thick, tight, dry rubber hose out of those holes after a couple of years. Not fun... The neoprene lightness and ply makes it dissolve in time instead of becoming one with the sleeve and that may be the reason it's used

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

How long do the bushing usually last on the average? I'm in the need of them, but don't want to wait forever from HWH. Wander why it takes so long for them to ship?

Chappell and Mary
2004 Foretravel 36 foot

No I haven't seen one, I was thinking they were rubber. They're a neoprene? Like an open cell foam?

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Not sure Forest, but it looks and feels like that to me. They may be a polymer/rubber and or ? mix. They were specifically picked for this job as regular hose of all types does not work the same and if snug or loose a lot of rain water accumulation makes them lift in place

Larry, Hedy & Benny Brachfeld
2003  Coach # 646
2 Slide, DD
MINI Cooper Clubman S
MINI Clubman , John Cooper Works Rally Edition # 3 of 70
Monster 1000 Watt, Electric Skateboard
Yamaha Golf Cart painted Kawasaki Green
A Coach driveway with a shade structure and swimming pool 
A Pueblo Home on the Border

Chappell,
While I don't have a direct answer, maybe I can give you a little idea of how long they will last. When I bought my coach it had 40,000 miles. All four of the bushings were smashed into a rubbery pulp in the bottom of the lock pin sockets. So it appears to me that on my coach I may have to replace them about every 40,000 miles.

I replaced mine in July 2012 and have traveled about 25,000 miles since and they are still working.

As to your question on HWH. In 2000/2001 HWH had a bad batch of hydraulic line that began bursting and spewing atf into coaches. Many rv manufacturers, including Newell, looked for an alternative to a hydraulic system. Electric slide systems were developed by several different companies and HWH lost a lot of market share. Then came the rv downturn around 2009. HWH has downsized and is a much smaller company today. Best I can tell all orders must be produced and are not shipped from a shelf. This can cause some very long delays.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531