You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Second problem with Aqua Hot system

Chester,
Mine is right in the middle. The mixer valve adjusts the hot water temp, so if too hot or too cold you'll have to readjust for your liking. AquaHot calls for 120 degrees on the hot water to avoid scalding.

In rereading your question I may have misunderstood it the first time. If you are asking how to readjust the mixer valve without removing the burner, I cannot with my fat fingers.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

hi chester,

if the mixer valve is freely turning, then i can get in and turn the handle,, though it is really tight.

it is a standards watts tempering valve. i think i paid about 35 bucks for it when i replaced the guts in mine last year.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks guys for all the help. My concern is how to get my big hands in there to adjust it with the burner in place. While I have the burner out, I think I will try to attach an extension of some sort to the adjustment knob to help with turning it. If so, I will post a photo.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

i can take the burner out in just a few minutes and keep the fuel lines attached.

so, not a big deal if i need to take it out to adjust the knob.

the biggest deal is just to turn it once in a while to keep it from getting corroded up.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Tom, glad you are back and trusting you health has returned. Should be in Mesa during Xmas and perhaps we can break bread somewhere. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey

(11-22-2012, 08:59 AM)Chester Stone Wrote:  Tom, glad you are back and trusting you health has returned. Should be in Mesa during Xmas and perhaps we can break bread somewhere. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Tom,
Glad to hear you are getting better !! and huge thanks for lot of help with my problem.
We should be in Mesa around January, More Newells to visit you! haha! can't wait

Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Fulltime on the road hub base in Montana

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
security system 2 Rhodesians Ridgebacks (Basha & M'Kala)
Nissan Exterra 2007
Co-Motion "Robusta" tandem
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Chester,

My mixer valve is right in the center ( under burner ) and its hard to get to it with oust taking the Webasto out ( two swivel screws ) but perhaps if you had youg kid with small hand and stenght , they could turn it for you!
That valve can be buger times, they have tendency to frezz up and very hard to turn it! I bought new valve and repaced its guts and when serviced it was all installed in, it working like champ now! just remeber direction of the hotter/colder turn.

Best,
Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Well, our A- Hot is working great so far, after replacement of both elements.
I learned some good stuff about the more powerfull element ( 4000 wats ) that one only works wjile diesel swith is on!
When Art ( cerified AH ) replaced the new coolant ( 19 gallone of 50/50water ) we used portable pump to pump the coolant in to the tank.
This tank I learned it has barrel wrapped around with some 170' of bras tuubing where coolant stays hot and heats the tank.
We noticed that zone 1 ( living area of teh coach & also the largest ) would not let us to get any coolant in?

After several times, finally we were able to flush the old coolant out of the zone 1 line , it was cloged up with some particles and very dark old looking coolant! I still dont know how that zone did work with cloged up line?

All zones now firing up good, I monitored for several days for any leaks and the tank level and all looks good.
Wewbasto silver box ( control brain ) was making clicking noise ( it has bunch of realys inside ) Art was so kind , he would let us swap his " test brain box " for few days and he took ours and test it on his coach!
Its showed that we dont have any clicking and our box in he's coach tested with out any clicking !

I wander if perhaps is websto burner where the clicking noise comes from!

Anyway, heat is on, hot water is one & want to thanks everyone for their input!

Best,
Les

Les & Cheryl Korcala

Newell 2001 2 slide #582
Nissan Exterra 2007
Trek "madone" road bikes
Trek 5.8 MTb

Les,

So glad to hear you are in business again with your Aqua-Hot and did not have to replace the tank.

There are a couple things you say in your post that I don't quite agree with and you might want to check on again.

First, the diesel should not have to be turned on for the electric elements to heat. You will have to have 220VAC available for the high wattage one to function. The diesel burner ( Webasto ) and the electric should be able to work completely independent, or together. It is the high wattage element that operates on 220VAC that makes the Aqua-Hot we have in our Newells so much more capable of meeting the needs of the coach without assistance from the diesel burner. The downside, is the big element pulls a lot of current and normal 50A service will not support it and the air conditioners at the same time. That is why Newell installed an interlock on many coaches that turns off the air conditioners if you turn on the electric for Aqua-Hot.

I also believe, just from what I have read, that the tubing used in the tank is copper, not brass.

Take care and enjoy your heat and hot water. Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

I installed new guts into the mixer valve, turned the know to the lowest setting and installed the burner. However, the water temperature at the faucet is only 100 degrees. Does anyone see a problem with leaving it at 100 degrees?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey