You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Second problem with Aqua Hot system

Chester,
Adjusting the temperature is the function of the mixer valve. If you are happy with 100 degree hot water I see no downside.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Chester,

While looking around at suggestions on the net about proper water temperature I found the follow and got a good chuckle out of it. You don't live alone do you???

"If you have an older dishwasher that doesn't preheat the water, recommended water heater temperature is 140 degrees. This is to ensure clean sanitary dishes.

Basically you'll need to adjust the temperature to suit your needs or your budget. I know a gentleman that lives alone and keeps his water heater set at 110 degrees."

Ha Ha - Russ

Russ White
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 30T
#530  ( Sold )
1999 45' Double Slide - Factory upgrade 2004

A word to take heed! Check the PH of your AH liquid. Most checks are done with litmus paper however electronic testers are available. If the PH goes acidic, the interior of the tank and the electric elements are subject to degradation. This seems to be the central problem in this thread, tanks or elements failing. The PH needs to be around 9 plus or minus a little.

I hope this helps.

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

that is a good suggestion. steve has said it as well. i need to go check mine

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Checked mine and it is 9. Should be good to go.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica