You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Cable TV run

What do I do to get through or around the crystal glass cabinet?

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

i dont have the glass cabinet, but a storage area. the chase on mine was above the top of it. so i took off the valence over the front window, and the chase cover in the cabinet over the sink and fed a wooden dowell through it with a dull point on it. wood so it wouldnt poke into any existing wiring in there. the dowell had a pull cord on it.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thanks Tom. I may be able get behind the cabinet the same way. I wonder if anyone else has installed the "True Vision" system. It's expensive but sure is nice.

2001 Newell #579
tow a Honda Odyssey
fun car: 1935 Mercedes 500K replica

I did some investigation tonight. It looks like I can run Ethernet through the bays and up through the floor under the galley sink. Then up the wall aft of galley in half bath to the cabinet and switch panel above the microwave. From there forward through the galley cabinets with the removable angled panels.

Surprisingly, I am not sure how wires go forward from the glass cabinet above the mid-entry door? Behind the valance that runs between the glass cabinet and the entertainment system does not seem to have the removable panels creating a wiring chase, but the wires have to be transiting this area somehow as I can see them come into the forward part of the entertainment area on the passenger side although at a lower height than the chase behind the kitchen cabinets. Ideas?

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

mike, on mine there is a chase above the cabinet. you do not have access to it other than from either side. like i mentioned in the earlier post, i ran wires through it by taking the front valence down and the access panels in the cabinets over the sink area

tom

Tom, I get the access panels over the sink area. How does the valance remove? I felt above the valance and only felt the rope lighting, no other wires and no apparent screws to remove the valance. So, where is the next access panel near the entertainment system?
Thanks
Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

the valence has bolts in it and the nuts are on the inside of the valence. at least on mine.

on mine the valence goes from the cabinet over the door to the smaller valence that has the speaker in it over the passenger seat.

that smaller covered valence with the speaker has some screws on the bottom. they you lift it up and out.

tom

At the coach now. I got the speaker valance down and found 3 bolts on back side of long valance. Does the curved chase cover just come down by removing screws along the bottom and the wire chase is behind that? I don't see any other screws except along the bottom edge of the curved chase cover.
Thanks
Mike

Mike & Jeannie Ginn

there may be more than the 3 nuts on the back. then it lifts up.

tom