You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Newell digital clock

Got the coach at home so spending some time going through it and would like to get the Newell digital clock in the bedroom working again.
Got 12V power going into it but the display won't light up.
Any ideas?
Emailed PMMI and they don't have any and won't repair it.
Could the capacitor be bad?
If I can't fix it guess I'll just buy an led clock to mount there, but would be nice to get this one working.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

On ours there is 12 Volts to keep the clock running and another 12 Volts signal to light up the display. I have installed toggle switches to be able to shut down the display and keep the clock running.
Problem is that our digital clocks are over 10 years older.

Steve & Patti, Bonnie and Tucker
1982 Newell 38' Classic, DD 6V92
cocktails for as many will fit in the site, dinner for as many can sit at the pick-nick table and sleeps 2 since I fixed the couch

Yeah, don't know what I was thinking. 19 year old coach, gotta get a newer one, Smile
My clock has only 1 set of wires going into it. Figure if it's broke I can't break it more trying to fix it.

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Forest,
I had the same clock in my '84 Pace Arrow, it just didn't say Newell. They were very common in the '80s. As an option you might try some of the RV surplus outfits or RV wrecking yards.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Forest, I notice that PMMI-Electronics is redoing their website so it is basically non-existent at this time. I am sorry that they do not seem to be making those clocks anymore. Several years ago, I talked to PMMI and they had an identical clock but it didn't have the Newell name and logo on it available. Mine still works but is in dimmed mode all the time so it is almost unreadable in daylight. I believe those were also used in Wanderlodges.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Michael, you are correct about PMMI in Wanderlodges. A few years ago, when Doug Hampton bought PMMI, we had a meeting with a few other folks and Doug was really interested in helping us out. Of course, the Depression set in and I assume has affected them, also.
On another note- I took a magnifying glass and saw a hairline crack in one of the soldered joints. I was able to heat those 2 together and the clock worked. Maybe it was a fluke- maybe I fixed it. Ernie

Ernie Ekberg
Bluebird Wanderlodge

I second Ernie. My pmmi display for temp died. Close examination showed a bad solder joint. If you want to send it to me I'll see if I can fix it

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Since PMMI products are no longer sold by Newell, I hoped someone would know the part description for the outdoor temperature thermistor.  Mine has failed,  the  tankage display works and since the switch selects different thermistors,  I feel the sensor is not working.  I know it extends below the underside foam slightly and runs down beside the tankage bay through the floor.  I've looked at the tankage bay thermistor but can't identify it.  They are not special but the values differ so ordering from Newark or Allied electronics is a shot in the dark.

Chuck @ Newell doesn't have any so I called PMMI's number which went to voicemail but no return.  I found their website and emailed but have not heard from them yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gordon Jones
2000-45'-2slide-#567

Try this link.

http://www.wanderlodgeownersgroup.com/fo...-7357.html

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Just had some good Newell news!

My Bedroom PMMI Clock works!! I re-soldered a few of the wires back in place and voila the time.. even the alarm works...not that i would actually use it on a vacation, but hey... Wink

About time something went right....        

Be seeing you,

Rick Miller
1996, 45'+, Non-slide, Series 60, ABS, 1.5 Bath, Reverse Floorplan