You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

120v air compressor replacement

this is what the one i bought on ebay for 90 bucks looked like when i got it.  it was brand new.  

it was set up as two separate compressors.  a high and a low.  one off each piston.  i made it  two stage piping the low output into the high input.  

it has worked like a champ

tom

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Apparently the old company got bought by Thomas. I called the number and they said we have to work through a distributor from now on. I will keep you posted.

I am not in a hurry...just had an old compressor that needed to get rebuilt to use as a spare.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Just purchased this new compressor from Thomas in Wisc. for the "new" price of $515, a slight increase over the past couple years.  Shipped out and received within a couple days!  No mention was made about having to go through a distributorship.

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Tow 2017 Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Tony,

Do you have contact information for Thomas in Wisconsin?

Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill
920 451 4286

Model 2688TE 44/38....$518

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Tony,

Thanks! I called and ordered new air compressor. The nice lady said that the price had gone up to $588 but that she would honor the $518 price. Yay! Go gurus!

Gurus, If you find this thread...and are looking for part numbers...be sure that you get the TE version of the air compressor. The CE version is low pressure and the VE version is a vacuum pump. Tony's part number is correct.

Cheers,
bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Bill sent you a pm

Phil & Sharon
1999 511  41.5

Bill,
Glad that worked out! Sounds like the price is on a fast ascelator.
Tony

Tony Van Helden
2003 Newell #646 2 slide
Citroen Charleston  2cv
Spencer, Iowa (summers)
Mesa, Az. (winters)

Wow, I sent email today to [email protected] where I purchased a new compressor just over a year ago.

Hi Mike-current price is $421.00 We have in stock for immediate shipment.

Thank you,
TCAT (Thomas Center for Applied Technology)
1536 North 18th Street
Sheboygan, WI 53081
(920) 451-4286 PM
[email protected]

Mike & Jeannie Ginn
2000 Newell #555 - sold July 2020
2019 Leisure Travel Van FX model

This is too weird. I confirmed with Thomas that they indeed had acquired the old docs-llc company.

When I called and ordered the compressor, I spoke to nice lady and she honored the $518 price. Now we hear that they are $421? What was the model number they were quoting? Was it for the TE version?

Strange!
Bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama