You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Tow Bar Advice

Good job Todd! Looks like you took your time, thought the project out and it looks professional. HoosierDaddy is right. You do want to cover the air inlet.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

Yes I am going to put a sparkplug boot over it as they recommended. That way it can still breath which is important. The frustrating part of the operations was the littlest part...when it fell out of my hand into a hard to reach spot..twice!! Magnet solved that issue though.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Ok so guys the jeep is wired for lights, has the tow bar parts attached and has the M&G brake assist installed and it functions...well at least the safety mechanism does which I assume bodes well. So I have to install the coupling then into my air brakes on the coach when it comes out of storage. Anyone ever done this? I will scan in their directions as they don't seem as detailed as the jeep side of things. Plus I need to figure out how to even get at where I need to in the coach to tie into the airline. Ideas and suggestions prior to seeing the instructions? Please share.

Todd & Dawn Flickema
Former owners of a Classic 1984 Newell
71 Karmann Ghia
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Todd,
On my coach we tied a 1/4" air line into the air line going into the RR tag brake. In the photo you'll see a brass "T" with the air line going to the rear of the coach. For your coach you can "T" into either the left rear or right rear air line going into the brake. Just remember you want to tie into an air line that is only under pressure when the brake pedal is pressed. Run your 1/4" air line from the "T" you installed to the rear of your coach. Mount it & terminate it with a air line quick disconnect. Now you're all set.

Hope this helps..........................

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531