You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Prosine 3.0 issues

i see you used the old mounting rails of the prosine. any problems having enough battery cable to reach the terminals?

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

so....when i got home from our trip, the prosine 3.0 was beeping and was not charging and had a 195 error just like bryan had

i have repaired this thing once already. thinking it is time to get a new one.

so a few questions. magnum 2812 vs 3012. and what type of cable runs from the inverter to the control panel. when i was redoing stuff i ran a cat5e cable from the inverter to the control panel over the drivers head and just left it there in case.....

bryan, were the battery cables long enough to mount to the magnum without doing any gyrations?

tom

Mine is a 4 wire telephone type connector. I am 90% sure that Newell reused the old prosine wire when they replaced.

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

I went with the 2812 cause it had more charging current IIRC. I was looking for the max charge current to minimize generator time when recharging.

And both Magnums use a telephone connector.

You will want the advanced remote and the battery monitor kit.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I believe the 2812 and 3012 both have the same charging capacity (125A).

I recommend the 3012 if you ever find yourself plugged into smaller amperage outlets: the hybrid feature lets the inverter use the batteries to temporarily supplement the shore power for demand spikes, without overloading the breaker outside. When demand drops, it will go right back to (re)charging.

2008 Newell #1234
Boulder, CO

i ordered and got the 2812. they sent the wrong battery monitor kit so install will wait till later next week

tom

Hi,
Newbie here. Brian, there is a place that fixes these today. JR Elextronics in Mission, Canada (about 50 miles from Vancouver). Here is their website:
http://www.jrelectronics.ca/content/xantrex-prosine-3-0

Your inverter board has blown out a line of power FETs. Therefore no AC output. It probably still charges your batteries but won't use them to produce AC for your coach. I have fixed a few of these in the past but it needs a boat load of parts and time. Best thing to do is module replacement. That entire module unplugs and can be replaced from another parts unit if you can find one.

There probably is some value for parts if sold on ebay or the like.

By the way, that inverter NEEDS to be mounted with the AC and DC connextions down. The output vents are at the top. Mounting on the side does not let the air flow across the heat sinks properly, causing failure due to heat. Unfortunately an internal failure like this has a domino effect of failure in following circuitry.

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

i have no regrets on replacing my prosine 3.0. but it is nice to have someone who is fixing and or exchanging them.

i had repaired mine once myself and it lasted another year or so.

these things are heavy, so shipping would be expensive as well.

i have put the 2812 in my 02 and my 99.

tom