You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#225 1990 Ferrari Red, But No Bed

Gotta love red.
1990 Newell, Low miles.
Possibly never slept in.
ebay

Rob Murdock, S. TX
87 PT38 BBWL

i think this one i have seen for sale before. the bedroom is just like one of our gurus 94 and he used it for years as is because the opposing couches fold down to make one huge bed in the back

looks to be in really nice shape

i wont say anything about the price but that i sold my 90 that was 100 percent redone except for outside paint which was fine for less than that a number of years ago.

tom

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

What's a good number for this one?
Also, top, rear, and bottom front has a lot of delaminated paint.
Curious about the pull out couches, comfort, etc? Is that comfortable?
I'm very interested if this could work?

Also, does 50' vs 45' seem right?
I would need a massive parking lot to put this thing!!

Thanks.

I will guarantee you that coach is not 50' long since Newell has never made a 50' coach. #305, a 1992, was the first coach Newell made that was a full 45' long. 44'9" was the longest Newell built in 1991 and 43'0" was the longest 1990 per the VINs. If you can find out the VIN, the 4th, 5th and 6th digits are the length in feet and inches, i.e. a VIN starting with 1N9420 would be 42'0" long. If you do find out the VIN, I would be very interested in knowing the last three digits of the VIN which would be the coach number.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

I suspect the seller considers the Ferrari history as a premium attribute. Only a buyer can confirm that notion. I would have pegged this coach at $40-45K if it doesn't need a lot.
The engine should be a DD 8V92 W/DDEC, which would be around 475 HP as supplied be Newell, not 575. Or perhaps the racing team had a go at the 2-stroke.

Guru member PMBCR has or had a 1997 coach which I believe has the similar rear setup. You might try to PM him for questions about the sofa's.
IMO unless you want the rear setup with no bed I would not value this coach at above $40k unless it is in pristine condition with documented up to date maintenance. The cost to change the rear to a bedroom is not cheap unless you can do all of the work yourself.
Now if it comes with a Ferrari....

Forest & Cindy Olivier
1987 log cabin
2011 Roadtrek C210P
PO 1999 Foretravel 36'
1998 Newell 45' #486 

1993 Newell 39' #337 

Very helpful about the $; lol...unless comes with a Ferrari!!

Agree D Troit - 475 hp and older GM engine. Nothing about Newell's having a D60 until mid-late 90s; lol about the "team taking a wrench to it".

I will try and get the VIN as well as more video on the unit. Owner indicted he would get that today.

As usual, you have all been great help!

My 1993 had a u shaped couch in the rear. I had to remove the wall and move it forward about 8" to have enough room to build a walk-around bed. The rear heaters and invertor/charger had to be moved to the center to be positioned under the bed. Not a difficult job but quite time-consuming.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

my 02 had a lounge in the back, but only a sectional couch. i have a cal king bed there now.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH