You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Green as grass, but eager to learn...

(03-27-2018, 02:56 PM)mrtoots Wrote:  Robert,

I share your desire to find someplace close to home to be able to see the Newells up close and personal, but other than combing the myriad of online sites hoping to find one near you, there isn't any magic bullet for that. However, if you are considering getting on a plane to accomplish your goal, I would add PremiumCoachGroup.com as an alternative to Motor Homes of Texas. They have two locations in AZ, one in Phoenix and one in Gilbert; less than a half hour apart. They have more Newell inventory and are very willing to help. Our visit there recently changed our whole approach to finding a coach for full timing, and after spending some time with Tom and his '02, we feel much better about our search. Just some food for thought.

Bob

Thanks, Bob.  I don't tend to fly, so that makes it even more challenging, but I am willing to take a road trip to move the needle on my knowledge.  AZ was more than I planned to do at this stage, but they surely do have inventory.  It's very helpful to hear of your personal experience, so I'll keep a closer eye on them.

Best,
Robert

Robert
2002 Prevost Liberty XLII, Series 60
IG: @thisisbobalou

Well, after nearly 26 months on this site, our wait is over...just not in a Newell. As of today, we have an agreement in place to buy our first coach...a 2002 Prevost Liberty XLII non-slide. You're a kind group, and I thank you for allowing me to be a small part of this community. I've had the pleasure of meeting several of you, and I've talked to a few others, and each interaction has been wonderful. Our decision was not anti-Newell in any manner...we just found a coach that spoke to us at a price that worked for us. I've attached a couple of pics of our future home away from home. Hopefully, we can be SOBs at a future No Rally Rally...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert

Nice looking Provost Robert. Look forward to seeing you at the next Rally.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com

Congratulations. See you the road!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

i love it. stop by when in az.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Nice looking coach!

Enjoy!
Oscar

Oscar & Janet Valent
Full timing
2004 Foretravel U320 3820 PBBS
2007 Newell Coach #815 - Great Coach Sold
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit

Congrats on the great find, know you will love it.

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Michael, thank you very much...I certainly hope that life allows me/us to make the rally, next year.
Richard...many thanks for the time you invested in me/us to provide insight and thought...oh, and food! Big Grin
Tom, at some point, we would welcome the opportunity to experience garage envy beyond comprehension...thank you.
Oscar, I'm so glad that 815 found a happy home, and I wish you two continued health and happiness.
Joe, congrats on the new coach! I hope you and Darlene are loving it. Hope our paths cross, again, one day...

Robert

I think your homework paid off. I went to the Olympia site and read the sheet on the coach. Looks like a TON of the mechanical and cosmetic items that would be due about now were done in 18. That work could have easily run you 50k. There is no such thing as a issue free coach, but someone else paid for the heavy lifting on that one. 12.7 Detroit and no slides, good calls for less things to worry about. Good find!

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Beautiful Coach. I've always thought the XLII is the best looking coach on the road and the colors are subtle but stately.

Ditto many others comments, I hope to see you at the next rally or on the road.

Dave, Karen, w/Buddy and Moose. 
06' Newell #784
towing a 05' Featherlight enclosed trailer for toys and tools, 
or a 21' F350 Big Grin w KTM 300, and MTB in the back
35' Packard 4 dr convertible
59' Nash Metropolitan
+ 4 more cars and 8 motorcycles

Carpe Diem. Have Fun
Tomorrow is not guaranteed.