You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

#1424 2011 SOLD

Congratulations - wow that is a sharp looking coach - love the inside layout and the darker wood and leather. The outside color combination also looks great - impressive

John and Marcia Marshall 
1975 Newell 30ft - 9.0 IHC
1986 Navstar 9.0 Diesel 160hp
98 Mustang GT
getting closer
ASE Master & Computer Admin
Love old tech  Idea

#1424 listed For Sale at Trawick.

https://www.trawickluxurycoaches.com/def...id=5125327

Mark Helton
Edmond, OK
2019 Sprinter Galleria Class B
Future Newell bunk

Coach certainly looks beautiful. Kudos to the designer/decorator. 
Hope the reason for sale is just change of plans and everyone is healthy and safe.

Regards,
Bob

Bob & Dottie
Newell 1261 & Jeep Grand Cherokee fulltimers
Past Teton Reliance 45'  5th wheel
Custom Volvo VNL780 tow vehicle
2014 Smart car

This is a bit confusing to me. The coach still listed as for sale. "YES... I bought it. I traded my 2005 Foretravel triple slide for this 2011 Newell quad slide. We just returned from a 5,000 mile trip, maiden voyage. I will be surfing this forum to learn the Newell way of things." posted by ATLY makes me wonder what happened there?

Anyone know the story here?

We bought the coach from Trawick they are great!  I flew there alone to pick it up.  On the way home the much talked about Cummins 650 dropped a value in cylinder #6. Trawick really stepped up and helped install a brand new 2020 technically updated, fully dressed, crate motor from Cummins. It ran very strong all the way to the Newell factory where I made the mistake of letting the wife look at other newer Newells. Needless to say we traded in coach 1424 in on a newer Newell Coach. I guess Newell sold it back to Trawick. I already miss the power of the 650 HP. It was also nice to not have to worry about DEF. I also liked the extra large fuel tank on 1424. The TPM was better than our new one also. 1424 TPM had internal psi and temp sensors that worked better than the valve stem psi only sensors. 1424 is as the first coach I owned with a built in mascerator. I used it more than I think I would. Now I have to have a separate device, and it is not as nice. 
The moral of this story is, don’t buy a coach without your wife present.

2016 Newell #1534 (Current)
2011 Newell #1424 (Traded up)
2005 Foretravel U320 (Traded up)
1996 Foretravel U320 (Sold)
1994 Jamboree Rallye (Gave to my Kids)

We are the new owners and we are thrilled to have it! I thought I should add to ATLY's comment about the replaced engine:
As most of you know, the early version Cummins ISX15 650-hp engine had some serious reliability issues with valve 6 "dropping", which typically resulted in a very expensive rebuild to the tune of $30k-$40k (including labor). Sadly, the fix that Cummins offered in the rebuilds through 2016 was still prone to failure. Cummins finally came up with a cylinder head design that makes the 650-hp engine "as reliable as others" in September of 2016. Take this with a grain of salt, as my local Cummins dealer in Coburg, OR, told me the 550-hp version is the better engine because it does not run as hot.
The original engine in model year 2011 Coach 1424 was an '09 pre-DEF version. It turns out that the engine that was installed in this coach a couple of years ago is a "factory reconditioned" model year 2007 ISX15 550-hp. That means it is a pre-DEF version and it has all the updates made to date, including the latest head design. The difference to having an engine rebuilt is that the process is a lot faster with Cummins shipping an engine first that is as good as new and has a 2-year warranty. Of course, it is the more expensive option. I was surprised to learn that different horse power ISX engines can simply be swapped for each other. Cummins said it's no problem because the footprint and mounting points are the same and the engines have the ICS's built in.
I feel like I have the best of both worlds with a reliable, pre-DEF engine in a later model year coach, but that may well be the optimist in me speaking. Having the extra horse power would be nice, but 550 hp will certainly get me to my destination comfortably and I have no anxiety making any mountain passes with that kind of power...
Klaus

2011 P2000i #1424
Home base on the beautiful Oregon Coast

Thanks for the update Klaus. Welcome.

Michael Day
1992 Newell 43.5' #281
NewellOwner.com