You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

monitor removal

Can anyone give me some advice on how to get the monitor out of my dash, I've removed the wiring no problem, but I think the whole lower dash (above the slide out drawer) might have to come out.  Anybody successfully done this or have an advice?  Here's a pic of my configuration.

1995 Newell Series 60

Jorma, Can u remove the drawer to access the backside of the monitor?

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Yes, I have the drawer out, and the screws that attach the monitor bracket to the bottom of the wood structure, but that doesn't release the monitor.  I think the whole thing has to come out and I can't figure out how to remove it.  I'm usually good at taking things apart......not so much putting them back together.
Mike M.

1995 Newell Series 60

Ok a wider pic would help but I would suggest going in behind from the accelerator pedal area. The carpeted panel behind pedal is just held in with clips on mine, and/or remove the panel just above the monitor that your leveler pad is mounted in. Those panels just have screws on the front on my '93.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

Here is how mine is mounted. The monitor is held to a bracket by two knobs on each side. The bracket is riveted to a plate underneath. My monitor is able to wiggle in the dash. I think mine would come out if the four knobs were removed

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Yes, I have the drawer out, and the screws that attach the monitor bracket to the bottom of the wood structure, but that doesn't release the monitor.  I think the whole thing has to come out and I can't figure out how to remove it.  I'm usually good at taking things apart......not so much putting them back together.
Mike M.

1995 Newell Series 60

I am just reading your comments literally. You said you have the bracket loose from its mount. Do you have the monito loose from the bracket? Have you removed the four knobs that attach the monitor to the bracket?

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

I can't get access to the knobs to remove them.  I'm sure it would slide out if they were removed.
Mike M.

1995 Newell Series 60

You will have to remove a panel or two around the monitor.. My '93 is slightly different but I can remove the whole dash area with a couple screwdrivers and a small nail bar. If you could provide a couple more pics we can probably offer better guidance. One of the nice and frustrating things about a Newell is they do their best to not have unsightly fasteners showing and they do not solely rely on glue and staples. That sometimes requires a bit of exploring for the best way to disassemble.