You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Almost new to Newell, 15 years in other brands

Hi Newellgurus. I'm new to the forum, and looking for a (probably 2002 - 2006 based on my understanding of pricing) 4-slide Newell, with a preference for steerable tag axle, Murphy bed, and bunks. Wow - not fussy at all, am I Smile

I'm a mostly-retired software engineer from the 1980's and 90's, who became a venture capitalist in the 2000's. Have owned one Fleetwood Discovery, and two Newmar Mountain Aires, and greatly enjoyed both. Have also owned a Teton 5er, which I pulled with a Volvo 780 semi-truck (that was fun for a while!). Am also a pilot, currently flying a Cessna Skymaster. Tried my hands at boat ownership (http://ourseaspirit.com), but ... in the end, not for me.

This web site is awesome. I've already learned a lot, and hope to contribute when able, too.

Why Newell? The quality, floorpans, tankage, quietness, ride quality, continuity of support from the factory.

Why never Newell before? All my coaches (except the Teton 5er) were bought new. Finally getting wise.

Dan

Seeking a 4-slider with steerable tag, probably pre-2007. 
Previous Newmar Mountain Aire owner.
My other RV is a Cessna Skymaster

Welcome Dan,

Welcome to the gurus! You have already figured out what you want! thats half the battle. If you have the time, you could fly up to Miami, OK and tour the factory. They have a quite a few used Newells for sale and its fun to see the different designs and features in each of the coaches. Also, seeing how they are put together will make you a more informed and confident buyer.

Enjoy the search!

bill

Bill Johnson
Birmingham, Alabama

Welcome

There are a few steerable tags in 2004, otherwise that requirement is going to move your search to 2005 or later

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )