You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Slide pin sensors

Further development. After exercising the the bedroom slide a couple of times, I find that there's a puddle of ATF on the ground under the hydraulic bay. Extrapolating here - if my musings above are correct and the pump is not turning off - could I be pushing fluid past a pressure relief valve? I don't see any of the individual solenoid valves leaking.

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

Just got off the phone with Mark Merritt at Newell. He says that the HWH slides that use magnets to detect the retracted position were originally equipped with magnets under the roof skin of the slide. Everyone who has magnets visible on their roofs has had them added over the years. I just held a small screw near each pin socket, and it stuck to the magnetic spot in each case. So maybe one of my detectors is the problem, or maybe I need to add the stronger external magnets. Will report the results. (also posted this reply in the thread, "What is this, and what does it do?")

2001 #579 ("Chester's Coach")

very interesting. i have never heard that. always wondered why it was so funky with glued magnets.

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Does anyone have a source for the magnets mentioned in this thread?

My 2001 HWH above the floor slides have magnets in the skin at each upper pin hole. I am having a "Level System" light on my dash that I could put out by opening and re-closing the rear slide. Now always on.

This thread has been most helpful. And I have already replaced the HWH vacuum manifolds with real vacuum pumps. That idea came from this forum. Thanks a bunch Tom.

Rudy Legett
2003 Foretravel U320 4010
ISM11 450 hp Allison 4000R
Factory Authorized Aqua Hot Repair Center
Southeast Texas Area

i am not home, but i found an email order from grainger for these.

i ordered them twice so i am assuming these are what i used.

i use superglue on them. you have to be careful playing around with these as in doing so the first time i ventilated the top of my slide with one extra hole. ha

https://www.grainger.com/product/GRAINGE...gnet-2VAE6

Disc Magnet,Rare Earth,6.5 Lb,0.709 In
Item no: 2VAE6

tom

2002 45'8" Newell Coach 608  Series 60 DDEC4/Allison World 6 Speed HD4000MH

Thank you Sir. Not in stock but Grainger can ship to nearby store for free if I need them.

Problem -- The Level System yellow light in dashboard is ON with both slides closed. I recent past, I could turn this light out by opening and closing the rear slide, no more.

I have located 4 magnets in the ceiling of the slides by each of the 4 pin holes in the two slides. When both slides are in, the pin lock sensor lights on a remote panel mounted on the ceiling of the bay where the Hwh computer is mounted are all green, locked. Interestingly, when one slide is out and when both slides are out, all pin sensor lights go to orange, unlicked.

I called HWH to inquire about sending the computer to them for testing and repair and was told I was on a call back list. I ask about when I might receive that call and was told by December. Not very thrilled with that but it is what it is now days.

Coach drives fine with the Level Light on and no warning chime to disturbe the peace. So I am not to worried about getting this fixed. But sure do like things to work rigth if I can and not spend bunches of money for little gain.

Any suggestions are most welcome. Thanks you all.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

Rudy,

I know of two other faults that can cause the light to stay on. One is the “brain” does not get a ground signal from the park brake. Two, is the “brain” does not get a ground signal from the pressure switch in the six pack manifold telling the brain that there is sufficient pressure to float the suspension and safely travel.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, That is going to strain my brain striving to locate those ground signals. Thanks for the info.

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area

No it’s not.

For the park brake signal, poke around under the dash. Follow the air line out of the Park brake knob. Somewhere in that line will be a pneumatically actuated switch. When the air line is pressurized to release the brakes, the switch makes. When the switch makes, the circuit is grounded. I predict you will find a wire from one side of the switch to ground, and the other going to the HWH box.

For the low pressure switch, look for a air activated switch on the rear six pack. Try unplugging it.

Richard and Rhonda Entrekin
99 Newell, 512
Maverick Hybrid Toad
Inverness, FL (when we're home Cool )

Richard, Thank you Sir

Rudy Legett
Southeast Texas Area