You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Where does this cooling hose go?

Hello all gurus 
Been on this site quite a bit but this is a first time post 
My problem 1983 classic engine model VT-350 (903)
Found I was leaking quite a bit of  antifreeze to the tune of 5 to 6 gallons every 200 miles
I found the braided hose that has a hole in it due to rubbing on the trans housing....please bare with me as I try to describe location. Looking at VT 903 passenger side , right under the turbo to the right, under what I’m gonna call a linkage bridge is where this hose is installed to a 90 degree fitting and that  housing is marked with a bunch of #’s one being 155964 air inlet . The braided hose is a heavy Duty braided 1/2 Diameterabout 2’ long and was connected To a much cheaper thinner hose, located by the trans driver side and heads forward. I lose it as soon as it gets past the battery box underneath the coach.
The question? What is it? Where does it go?
What is the housing under turbo.... fuel pump ,  governor ?
Thanks in advance.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I think that goes to the air compressor

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

My bad I replied before reading the Entire email

Compressor is in the v, if hose goes past battery box it can’t be going to 
Compressor

Georgeb
Coach 385
Toad Mini Cooper 

I dont know what that housing is but there should be a send and return hose for coolant going to the dash heat or other heater core within the coach. My 1978 Newell had a heater core fed by the engine coolant under the bed in the rear.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.

(06-25-2018, 06:29 PM)HoosierDaddy Wrote:  I dont know what that housing is but there should be a send and return hose for coolant going to the dash heat or other heater core within the coach. My 1978 Newell had a heater core fed by the engine coolant under the bed in the rear.

This hose is separate from the two supply/return heating hoses those two hoses are easy to follow and split off to multiple heater cores & water heater
The hose I can’t follow is a thinner schedule black hose and ty wrapped with a bunch of stuff.
I can’t figure for the life of me what it could be for and coming form the V of the 903.
Hopefully someone will get me in the right direction before I go cutting more  ty wraps.

Does your model have a dual source water heater that also has the water heated by the engine coolant? If so, that line might be going to water heater??

deg