You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...
Newell Gurus would like to thank Boomer for joining us.

Flat screen upgrade in 86 Classic
I mounted a 43" tv on this from Costco.  SANUS Simplicity 37" - 80" Tilting TV Mount
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][font=BVCustom,]★★★★★ ★★★★★ [font=BVCustom,]4.4 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.[/font]  
  (50  
[/font]
[/font]

Item  1933410
Model  SLT2

Your Price
Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
(08-10-2018, 04:49 PM)kyleb Wrote: "Now for the problem : the threaded inserts for mounting are in the plastic case of the TV . This allows a lot of flex which wouldn't be an issue in a static environment , but I think the case will crack in highway use . "

Thanks for that - Now, I have to worry about dadgum thing hitting me in the head while riding down the road !   Rolleyes  Tongue

I was thinking that it's just my Vizio that has a "flexy" mount , but closer inspection reveals that your's is also a Vizio.
On mine the mounts are on 100 mm spacing and are captive nuts in the plastic case which is about 2 mm thick . Your mounting bracket looks very well made , just wondering if you have a provision that steadies the TV . My time is limited , was hoping to go with store bought , but I think I will have to fab something similar to your's or use a horizontal slider .
All the help is very much appreciated !
Thanks ,
Chris
1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand
(08-11-2018, 10:44 AM)Tf175 Wrote:
(08-10-2018, 04:49 PM)kyleb Wrote: "Now for the problem : the threaded inserts for mounting are in the plastic case of the TV . This allows a lot of flex which wouldn't be an issue in a static environment , but I think the case will crack in highway use . "

Thanks for that - Now, I have to worry about dadgum thing hitting me in the head while riding down the road !   Rolleyes  Tongue

I was thinking that it's just my Vizio that has a "flexy" mount , but closer inspection reveals that your's is also a Vizio.
On mine the mounts are on 100 mm spacing and are captive nuts in the plastic case which is about 2 mm thick . Your mounting bracket looks very well made , just wondering if you have a provision that steadies the TV . My time is limited , was hoping to go with store bought , but I think I will have to fab something similar to your's or use a horizontal slider .
All the help is very much appreciated !
Thanks ,
Chris

I made mine out of 11 ga carbon steel. The mount is not rigid where the tv mounts, so it shares some of the flexing.
I don't notice mine flexing while going down the road.
1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740
I found out the hard way that some new Vizio TV s are “tuner free” . That means that if you want off air TV you must purchase a seperate box to receive it. There is no off air tuner in the TV.
1993 Newell 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '17 Grand Cherokee.