You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Flat screen upgrade in 86 Classic

I mounted a 43" tv on this from Costco.  SANUS Simplicity 37" - 80" Tilting TV Mount
★★★★★ ★★★★★ 4.4 out of 5 stars. Read reviews.  
  (50  

Item  1933410
Model  SLT2

Your Price

Joe & Darlene Roark
2007 Newell #1212
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

(08-10-2018, 04:49 PM)kyleb Wrote:  "Now for the problem : the threaded inserts for mounting are in the plastic case of the TV . This allows a lot of flex which wouldn't be an issue in a static environment , but I think the case will crack in highway use . "

Thanks for that - Now, I have to worry about dadgum thing hitting me in the head while riding down the road !   Rolleyes  Tongue

I was thinking that it's just my Vizio that has a "flexy" mount , but closer inspection reveals that your's is also a Vizio.
On mine the mounts are on 100 mm spacing and are captive nuts in the plastic case which is about 2 mm thick . Your mounting bracket looks very well made , just wondering if you have a provision that steadies the TV . My time is limited , was hoping to go with store bought , but I think I will have to fab something similar to your's or use a horizontal slider .
All the help is very much appreciated !
Thanks ,
Chris

1986 #89
VIN 007
Detroit 8V92 TA 475 HP
Allison four speed 
Chris and Sharon Hand

(08-11-2018, 10:44 AM)Tf175 Wrote:  
(08-10-2018, 04:49 PM)kyleb Wrote:  "Now for the problem : the threaded inserts for mounting are in the plastic case of the TV . This allows a lot of flex which wouldn't be an issue in a static environment , but I think the case will crack in highway use . "

Thanks for that - Now, I have to worry about dadgum thing hitting me in the head while riding down the road !   Rolleyes  Tongue

I was thinking that it's just my Vizio that has a "flexy" mount , but closer inspection reveals that your's is also a Vizio.
On mine the mounts are on 100 mm spacing and are captive nuts in the plastic case which is about 2 mm thick . Your mounting bracket looks very well made , just wondering if you have a provision that steadies the TV . My time is limited , was hoping to go with store bought , but I think I will have to fab something similar to your's or use a horizontal slider .
All the help is very much appreciated !
Thanks ,
Chris

I made mine out of 11 ga carbon steel. The mount is not rigid where the tv mounts, so it shares some of the flexing.
I don't notice mine flexing while going down the road.

1987 classic #159
8V92 MUI , Allison 740

I found out the hard way that some new Vizio TV s are “tuner free” . That means that if you want off air TV you must purchase a seperate box to receive it. There is no off air tuner in the TV.

1993 Newell (316) 45' 8V92,towing an Imperial open trailer or RnR custom built enclosed trailer. FMCA#232958 '67 Airstream Overlander 27' '67GTO,'76TransAm,'52Chevy panel, 2000 Corvette "Lingenfelter"modified, '23 Grand Cherokee.