You are not logged in or registered. Please login or register to use the full functionality of this board...

Chassis Air Compressor
Photo 

I have coach1518 with the cummins 600 engine.  I added freon and slugged the compressor and need to replace it.  Does anyone know the model number for the Sanden compressor for this engine?   Any suggestions appreciated.  We are in Houston Texas.

The Sanden should have a plate with the model number on it.

Steve Magown
Calhoun, LA
2001 Prevost H3 Vantare
formerly Newell #458

(08-26-2018, 09:59 AM)smagown Wrote:  The Sanden should have a plate with the model number on it.

I cannot find any model number on it.   Newell says it is a 4880 and that is not a model that I can find locally sourced.   I think it is the wrong model that they suggested.

Did Newell say that "4880" was the Sanden model number?  Normally when Newell provides a number it is THEIR number for the part, so you can order it from their parts department.

Steve Bare
1999 Newell 2 slide #531

(08-26-2018, 10:30 AM)rheavn Wrote:  Did Newell say that "4880" was the Sanden model number?  Normally when Newell provides a number it is THEIR number for the part, so you can order it from their parts department.

Yes they said 4880 and I called again today and now they corrected it to 4883.     I will try to source it locally and if not, I will have them send another to me.  Thank you for your reply to my question.